New Patterdale pup

5 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I used to work Silky terriers as a kid and bred a few. I docked the tails with a sharp knife on a board, pulling the skin back before cutting, also snipped dew claws then just put them back with the mother, never had a problem. I must have been a savage little b*****d as I was only 13 to 15 when I did this, lol.

Best way to dock a terriers tail is biting  between your front teeth at 3 days old??

• Like 4

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've docked plenty of terriers for lads,...I like a long 3/4 tail on a tyke.... Not up to date on the current legislation, but I cannot see a problem with docking, 2 day old Terriers,...Its quick

Best way to dock a terriers tail is biting  between your front teeth at 3 days old??

I used to work Silky terriers as a kid and bred a few. I docked the tails with a sharp knife on a board, pulling the skin back before cutting, also snipped dew claws then just put them back with the m

Posted Images

12 hours ago, fireman said:

Well he shouldn't have and it's not a gun licence you need it's a letter of permission from a land rep giving you permission to carry out vermin control..

A shotgun/FAC licence can be used to have your terrier pups tails docked you don't just need a letter from land owner/rep

1 hour ago, Netmaker said:

A shotgun/FAC licence can be used to have your terrier pups tails docked you don't just need a letter from land owner/rep

Either will do.

round here the hard part is finding a vet that is willing to dock

pups.

Strange world we live in these days 

atb … T

• Like 2
20 hours ago, fireman said:

The writings of the law state you need a letter of permission from a rep of the land saying you have permission to do vermin control, your vet was wrong to say that and loads of folk think you need a gun licence when you don't.The law don't say  you need a gun licence any where  or the pup has to be chipped to the licence holder, your vet is full of shit mate and i'd find a new one before he fills your head with more bollocks...

Well fireman my vet was not full of shit ???

1 minute ago, tank34 said:

Well fireman my vet was not full of shit ???

He was if he said you need a sgc or fac to dock a pup as you don't,but anyway you got your pup docked and it's living happ ever after so all is good for you Tank :victory:..

• Like 1

I've docked plenty of terriers for lads,...I like a long 3/4 tail on a tyke....

Not up to date on the current legislation, but I cannot see a problem with docking, 2 day old Terriers,...Its quick and relatively painless ,..and they soon forget the experience....?

Possibly best to keep things, in house' and just get on with it..

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 9