New Patterdale pup

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've docked plenty of terriers for lads,...I like a long 3/4 tail on a tyke.... Not up to date on the current legislation, but I cannot see a problem with docking, 2 day old Terriers,...Its quick

Best way to dock a terriers tail is biting  between your front teeth at 3 days old??

I used to work Silky terriers as a kid and bred a few. I docked the tails with a sharp knife on a board, pulling the skin back before cutting, also snipped dew claws then just put them back with the m

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, tank34 said:

If tail bothers you vet will do it if you got gun licence an dog chipped in name of licence holder had one done before by vet before ?

That pup is to old for it to be docked like that,it now can only be done for medical reasons..eg if it keeps damaging it and it's suffering due to it...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Sunderland lamper said:

The tail doesn’t bother me

i was just wanting other peoples opinions 

I intend on using him for rats and bushing 

It's true what fireman says. My pal took his dog few years ago because it kept chasing it mentally f****n it's head up.. 

5 hours ago, fireman said:

That pup is to old for it to be docked like that,it now can only be done for medical reasons..eg if it keeps damaging it and it's suffering due to it...

My vet docked my bitch I had she was 8 month old had her chipped in pals name and he came with gun licence vet docked her tail ?

11 hours ago, tank34 said:

My vet docked my bitch I had she was 8 month old had her chipped in pals name and he came with gun licence vet docked her tail ?

Well he shouldn't have and it's not a gun licence you need it's a letter of permission from a land rep giving you permission to carry out vermin control..

48 minutes ago, fireman said:

Well he shouldn't have and it's not a gun licence you need it's a letter of permission from a land rep giving you permission to carry out vermin control..

A can't believe that we're the only country that aren't allowed to do our own bonkers lol. I've seen on clips what's vets do to the pups injections first then on the gas , bloody barbaric all that for taking a 2 to 3 day old pups tail off. A watched a woman use this method tieing them off. Just stopping the blood flow an you couldn't even tell they'd been done to be fair. They just dropped off no after care needed like there is with stitches. It's just like you see farmers do lambs it's that way. An she was doing the dewl claws too. Many years ago we used to use the moon shape scissors top quality sharpe ones ment to be for fingernails. Then abit of cut an heal on for a few days the job looked good. Some of these vets butcher them go way over board with all equipment for such a little job an charge you dearly lol 

2 hours ago, fireman said:

Well that's not what my vet said , he said gun licence an dog chipped in name of licence holder , the vet asked me why an told him dog be worked to ground for fox control never asked for vermin control permission letter just gun licence an dog chipped ?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, tank34 said:

Well that's not what my vet said , he said gun licence an dog chipped in name of licence holder , the vet asked me why an told him dog be worked to ground for fox control never asked for vermin control permission letter just gun licence an dog chipped ?

I’ll second that. The last time I had a litter docked I actually forgot to take my certificate. The vet knows me and knows I’ve got a certificate, and I still had to go home and get it before they’d dock the pups 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, tank34 said:

The writings of the law state you need a letter of permission from a rep of the land saying you have permission to do vermin control, your vet was wrong to say that and loads of folk think you need a gun licence when you don't.The law don't say  you need a gun licence any where  or the pup has to be chipped to the licence holder, your vet is full of shit mate and i'd find a new one before he fills your head with more bollocks...

19 minutes ago, Chevy Chase said:

I’ll second that. The last time I had a litter docked I actually forgot to take my certificate. The vet knows me and knows I’ve got a certificate, and I still had to go home and get it before they’d dock the pups 

Your vet is full of shit and talks bollocks to mate :doh:,,