Back in the saddle.

Gentlemen  Good evening all 

Well after almost being killed by Covid and a long spell of rest and rebuilding my business and keeping us from being made homeless....

I finally have time to get mt permissions back, get out my trusty old guns and get shooting again.

Looking forward to seeing old friends here and reading posts from the newer chaps. Well new to me anyway! 

Best regards lads.

Simon the Pianoman.

• Like 5

Welcome back old friend 

Hope you two are doing well now 

Lot of new lads on here who can do 

With your help Simon 

Give Helen my love mate 

And to your self 

And like mitch look forward to reading your posts 

Atvbjimmy ???

• Thanks 1

Phil, Jimmy, Mitch xraidersx and all you other good men here.

Thank you so much indeed. I cannot tell you what kind of Hell we've been through, Helen and me. But anyway, that's behind us now.

I'm having painful trouble with my left shoulder. All that cocking spring rifles the last 55 years!  So, I'm wondering about using my beloved HW80 in the field. My HW77 .22 is as smooth and as PCP accurate as ever so, she will be in the write ups for sure. 

Then there is my 'modified-stock left-hand friendly Air Arms Pro Sport .22. So I'm not exactly strapped to go out and shoot with some quality kit. 

And there's my PCPs if the shoulder gives me hell. 

Cocking my FAC HW80 is the problem. I can barely cock it after about 50 pellets to get her warmed up. She's as brilliant and accurate and just as powerful as ever she was. But anyway. I'm still hitting penny sized groups at 30-45 metres with my rifles after practicing well as I can,  so I'm nearly about ready to get on my permissions again. My farner friends have been brilliant and kept them open to me while keeping a few other lads off. Shows what you get back if you build great trust and treat the land and the landowners with professionalism and respect. 

So there will be plenty of rabbits and pests to thin out this summer. 

Here's to great sport and sportsmanship for all here.

God bless you good lads all here.

Simon. 

• Like 3