Free country

Can't believe can you how things have changed we used to roam the streets, fields and quarries in gangs with air guns when we was kids.

All becoming a nonsense.

Cheers Arry

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
15 minutes ago, Arry said:

Can't believe can you how things have changed we used to roam the streets, fields and quarries in gangs with air guns when we was kids.

All becoming a nonsense.

Cheers Arry

Bought an airgun with my first wage at 16. Walked through the town to the canal with the gun over my shoulder to try. Then got on the bus to my girlfriends, no one batted an eyelid then walked home with it later ??

• Like 3

So ridiculous and all that money spent looking into it. Should just lobbed him couple a cage traps and jar peanut butter or some thing. Plus the idiot that reported him when they heard a twang not like he was letting rip with shotgun. Just a joke. Still remember as a kid the old boy walking down the main road in winter shooting pigeons on the edge of the forestry and walking through the village gun over his arm. He was great angler too and out on the stream after any rain whipping out little trout. Made it look so easy 

2 hours ago, Arry said:

we used to roam the streets, fields and quarries in gangs with air guns when we was kids.

I re watched " This Is England ", last night. Aside from the fact of what a cracking good film it is; The thing that stuck out most, to me, was how they wandered the streets with uncovered air guns, on their way out 'Hunting'.

No one called in the ARV and helicopters. No one had a personal, government monitoring device in their hand. This was the 1980's.

• Like 2

I think in Scotland airguns are licensed like firearms, not 100 % sure but I think so, and if right his crime is the unlicensed gun not shooting the squirrel, all a load of bollox but hey he should have been more discreet if that’s the case ✌️✌️

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I think in Scotland airguns are licensed like firearms, not 100 % sure but I think so, and if right his crime is the unlicensed gun not shooting the squirrel, all a load of bollox but hey he should have been more discreet if that’s the case ✌️✌️

Your totally right and that was the crime....but it doesn't make it any less chilling. 'man narrowly escapes jail for shooting at a squirrel that chewed through cables'!!!! 

That's before you read that his neighbours first reaction was to phone the police because he heard an air gun. 

1 minute ago, DIDO.1 said:

Your totally right and that was the crime....but it doesn't make it any less chilling. 'man narrowly escapes jail for shooting at a squirrel that chewed through cables'!!!! 

That's before you read that his neighbours first reaction was to phone the police because he heard an air gun. 

Totally agree with you mate, but stupid people will always get caught and bring the spotlight on the rest of us, I shot vermin in the back garden of my house for years doubt any of my neighbours even new I had a gun tiny gap in curtains and a silencer, I now use my catty for most things as it’s not illegal and can be thrown away if things go wrong, the world is like a pendulum we will swing rediculously left before we start moving back to the right ??

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I re watched " This Is England ", last night. Aside from the fact of what a cracking good film it is; The thing that stuck out most, to me, was how they wandered the streets with uncovered air guns, on their way out 'Hunting'.

No one called in the ARV and helicopters. No one had a personal, government monitoring device in their hand. This was the 1980's.

Had a Shot Gun an old single Winchester Cooey when you used to get a licence from the Post Office must have been late 60's early 70's I guess. I had permission the other side of town I would walk with my gun just broken over my arm right through town no bother. On the way home at dusk back down the Main Street call in the Oxford inn for a pint put the gun behind the counter and end up playing cards all night. Closing time a little worst for wear gun under my arm again and walk the mile home. After a few years you had to have the gun in three pieces got pull by the law for that but I have told that story before on here.

Now they wan't the in's and out of a dogs ass, letter from your Doctor £80 plus the licence fee. Just given my Shot Guns and license up not worth it now. Had a barney with a smack head dealer few doors away the law was around my place giving it loads because I held a licence. Got sorted when I explain smack head had park right up against and touching my car.

Week later they used the big red key on her house Lol.

Cheers Arry

1 hour ago, Arry said:

Had a Shot Gun an old single Winchester Cooey when you used to get a licence from the Post Office must have been late 60's early 70's I guess. I had permission the other side of town I would walk with my gun just broken over my arm right through town no bother. On the way home at dusk back down the Main Street call in the Oxford inn for a pint put the gun behind the counter and end up playing cards all night. Closing time a little worst for wear gun under my arm again and walk the mile home. After a few years you had to have the gun in three pieces got pull by the law for that but I have told that story before on here.

Now they wan't the in's and out of a dogs ass, letter from your Doctor £80 plus the licence fee. Just given my Shot Guns and license up not worth it now. Had a barney with a smack head dealer few doors away the law was around my place giving it loads because I held a licence. Got sorted when I explain smack head had park right up against and touching my car.

Week later they used the big red key on her house Lol.

Cheers Arry

i used to have a single cooey it was rusty and  had tape around the fore end to stop it rattling

• Like 1
18 hours ago, greg64 said:

i used to have a single cooey it was rusty and  had tape around the fore end to stop it rattling

They were like scaffold pole the barrels were browned not blued. I used to beat the hedge with it and if a rabbit bolted off the top have a crack at it Lol. I got pretty good at shooting rabbit with it to be fare.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 1