Micro hob kit

My Lads still wanting a micro hob kit for doing odd job up at stables. He's getting to that age now , where his hormones are all over the place. Mostly walks round with a face like a wet flannel. Girl troubles all the lads trying to chat up the same lass. Her knowing what she's doing like they do emotions are high all falling out over her. Comes home an takes it out on his mother What What What. Kevin an Perry job lol. A just want him to do more fishing more huntings mostly out door activities. Instead of doing what he's doing which is not much lately computer four to six hours on a night no good. So any help would be much appreciated guys. Thanks for reading . 

• 4 months later...

There seems to be a debate on what an actual micro is on the micro forums but I’ve seen some like hamsters weighing 150grams I swapped one for one of my kits and it was tiny the other ferrets tried to kill it on sight . I gave it back to the breeder .( it was the size of a 6 week old kit at 6 months) it had no prey drive or natural drive to go into tunnels tubes or dig weird.

that said I’ve got some larger types that work very well they are around 400-500 grams bolt rabbits well walk right through the nets 

half micros are lively type like the old fitchy or weasel ferrets around 500 - 700g

i really like them and they work better than my standards very fast bags of energy and good prey drive 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, BULL said:

There seems to be a debate on what an actual micro is on the micro forums but I’ve seen some like hamsters weighing 150grams I swapped one for one of my kits and it was tiny the other ferrets tried to kill it on sight . I gave it back to the breeder .( it was the size of a 6 week old kit at 6 months) it had no prey drive or natural drive to go into tunnels tubes or dig weird.

that said I’ve got some larger types that work very well they are around 400-500 grams bolt rabbits well walk right through the nets 

half micros are lively type like the old fitchy or weasel ferrets around 500 - 700g

i really like them and they work better than my standards very fast bags of energy and good prey drive 

I like the name Fitchy mate we used to call all polecat ferrets Fitchy.

My mate has the smallest ferret I've seem I'm looking after at the moment it just never grew it's a sister to my five year old one. She it about 550 grams the little one about 280 grams and loosing its coat, I'm feeding it up poor f***ing thing looks skinny as f**k. It's a pain in the ass working can't shift the stubborn ones but won't leave them either. Crap at coming out to hand shy go to pick it up just goes back in, does my head in.

Not sure how it would fare against a big rat.

Cheers Arry

7 hours ago, neil b said:

Runt x runt, there just another fad like the fancy colours, angoras, eu polecats 

I wouldn’t agree as various reasons you get runts and genetically the size may not be passed on by a runt 

I agree it’s a fad but can only speak on what I’ve seen and the large micro I thought were great little workers 

• Confused 1
3 hours ago, Arry said:

I like the name Fitchy mate we used to call all polecat ferrets Fitchy.

My mate has the smallest ferret I've seem I'm looking after at the moment it just never grew it's a sister to my five year old one. She it about 550 grams the little one about 280 grams and loosing its coat, I'm feeding it up poor f***ing thing looks skinny as f**k. It's a pain in the ass working can't shift the stubborn ones but won't leave them either. Crap at coming out to hand shy go to pick it up just goes back in, does my head in.

Not sure how it would fare against a big rat.

Cheers Arry

I have had ferrets off and on  was never massively into it like some always had standards got back into them 3ish years ago had the smaller ones for a year and kits this year I really like em and they have been doing ok 

Gonna be doing a fair bit with them this year so I’ll let you know how they get on 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Funny that arry, we Called the white ones fitchets, or fitch’s 

That is interesting mate. Had to look it up after you said that only out of interest. All I could find was Fitch or Fitchy is a European Polecat mainly referred to in Polecat fur trade.

I've always like the name Fitch myself sort of sounds ancient if you know what I mean.

Cheers Arry

41 minutes ago, Arry said:

That is interesting mate. Had to look it up after you said that only out of interest. All I could find was Fitch or Fitchy is a European Polecat mainly referred to in Polecat fur trade.

I've always like the name Fitch myself sort of sounds ancient if you know what I mean.

Cheers Arry

This is what wee called a fitch years ago now going back some years it's Polecat x white ferret I still call them fitch old timers called that type that 

20201028_141518.jpg

IMG-20210226-WA0031.jpg

• Like 1