Devils advocate… catch and release

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When were younger everything that moves goes in the bag as the years go by and we have been there done it, the thrill of the chase, picking harder runs and sometimes just tootling by admiring quarry l

"A good terrier is the canine Spartan, a warrior, a gladiator....it goes into the bowls of the earth, down a tight tube, in the dark, to face an adversary that is literally fighting for its life, it d

Digging to a good working terrier is a world apart from lurcher work,chalk and cheese...there's not another animal wild/domesticated on the planet that will venture into the underground domain of anot

Posted Images

I’ve had dogs in the past that were so soft mouthed they would hardly ruffle the fur or feather when carrying game. These fuckers I’ve got now have mouths like trap jaws ? a couple of years back my black lurcher bitch was working some cover and came out carrying a baby muntjac that was very much alive. I called her in and she trotted all the way to me and as I bent down she clamped her mouth shut and dropped it dead at my feet … she is a horrible fukcer ……

• Haha 3
13 hours ago, Franks dad said:

Oh yes …. Yes we are , silly me , biscuit with that or a slice of cake …. 

Slice of cake 

One slice of cake will suffice for blacky, he's not a greedy sort.  ?

Oh yes …. Yes we are , silly me , biscuit with that or a slice of cake …. 

Slice of cake 

One slice of cake will suffice for blacky, he's not a greedy sort.  ?

• Haha 1

I did sort of break a dog to fawns once aslong as they didnt move hed just stare at them. Where i live its lifting with muntjac and roe fawns and its no fun walking dogs on a lead all summer. I still got a pic of him just stood staring at one in the grass i see if i can find it.

that cocker x pat bitch i had off socks she had a thing for finding leverets until i owned her i could count on one hand how many i seen f**k man shed find them daily some parts of the year never harm them just stare at them

• Like 4

We let 3 foxes go one day it was mid February we got 5 that Day the three we got were in season so let them free for another day sorry for the other two they were dog foxes they were put out of cover the lurchers made short work off them 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Sammyballer said:

Bitch Iv got here now if she can pick it up she’ll retrieve it live to hand , and I mean anything never really trained her for it , just loves to bring me quarry ? 

My first kelpie was like that. On one occasion he brought me an old, long-dead, stiff-as-a-board rabbit.

Another time he brought me a fresh rabbit...followed by another...and another...I decided to follow him to see what was going on (he could catch rabbits but he wasn't that good). He'd found a pile of about a dozen rabbits that the farmer had shot and left to rot from the night before and was retrieving them to me one at a time.

He also retrieved a dumbbell hand weight from where it had washed up on a beach and insisted on carrying it about two miles back home. It wasn't until he gave it to me at the doorstep that I realised how heavy it was. Funny old thing.

• Haha 3