Devils advocate… catch and release

my young dog 15 months old has run half a dozen daytime Hare and stopped one. He's no out n out hare dog mind you. I thought i was soft to be alright with them getting away after some real good tests. Id hate to kill every one we see. 1 in every 4, 5 or 6 runs i'll be happy enough.

• Like 1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When were younger everything that moves goes in the bag as the years go by and we have been there done it, the thrill of the chase, picking harder runs and sometimes just tootling by admiring quarry l

"A good terrier is the canine Spartan, a warrior, a gladiator....it goes into the bowls of the earth, down a tight tube, in the dark, to face an adversary that is literally fighting for its life, it d

Digging to a good working terrier is a world apart from lurcher work,chalk and cheese...there's not another animal wild/domesticated on the planet that will venture into the underground domain of anot

Posted Images

22 hours ago, jackthelad said:

Are you serious catch and release...... we’re not fishing in stock ponds mate are u sure your not drunk....... we hunt for meat mate for us our dogs ferrets whatever if your out wae us you said you were releasing something my dog or my mates dogs caught at 4 in the morning....... as I said feck off frank an ps u sure your a faither.... bully on a hunting forum about catch and release u deserve bullied

The fact that you ask that very question means either you are the  intoxicated one or simply are unaware of what devils advocate is …. In which case perhaps it’s better one refrained from posting a stupid question and making themselves look more stupid than Franks dad . Read the thread title closely and my opening post … devils advocate, I’m bored … not drunk ,not thick , and not fecking off ? 

0224BB5D-1073-4181-9461-25C8893AE08D.jpeg

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

The fact that you ask that very question means either you are the  intoxicated one or simply are unaware of what devils advocate is …. In which case perhaps it’s better one refrained from posting a stupid question and making themselves look more stupid than Franks dad . Read the thread title closely and my opening post … devils advocate, I’m bored … not drunk ,not thick , and not fecking off ? 

0224BB5D-1073-4181-9461-25C8893AE08D.jpeg

Feck off an bother someone who gives a feck frank

8 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

Feck off an bother someone who gives a feck frank

The exact response I was waiting for , no other answer apart from feck off is there mrs  brown ?. And No can do ,I’ve learned a lot about my dogs behaviour through reading posts even if he is only 3/8 lurcher and there’s lots of interesting posts and the banter ain’t bad either … maybe you should try banter ,I used to be aggressive but I’ve learn to control it as I’m aging and if something is to my distaste I refrain from ingaging in it … just a word to the wise ?? … and pished again lad ? I’m not Frank ,I’m dad lol 

• Haha 2
48 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

The exact response I was waiting for , no other answer apart from feck off is there mrs  brown ?. And No can do ,I’ve learned a lot about my dogs behaviour through reading posts even if he is only 3/8 lurcher and there’s lots of interesting posts and the banter ain’t bad either … maybe you should try banter ,I used to be aggressive but I’ve learn to control it as I’m aging and if something is to my distaste I refrain from ingaging in it … just a word to the wise ?? … and pished again lad ? I’m not Frank ,I’m dad lol 

Ffs dad

11 hours ago, Franks dad said:

Good post ?

• Like 2
On 18/05/2022 at 21:18, Franks dad said:

???

• Like 1

Don’t believe in catch and realise If you don’t want it dead don’t run it , simple as 

Find it rather crazy seen videos of people digging foxes and what not to just let run ?‍♂️ Your there for pest control no other reason and letting you dog take a beating risking its life to let it go , 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

catch and release ? i have heard some shite on here but my word ? 

Digging to a good working terrier is a world apart from lurcher work,chalk and cheese...there's not another animal wild/domesticated on the planet that will venture into the underground domain of another animal and risk it's life,even die for something it won't eat?..if you can't appreciate that ,then you will never understand why men  dig ..plus it's too much hard work for most ?

• Like 12
12 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Digging to a good working terrier is a world apart from lurcher work,chalk and cheese...there's not another animal wild/domesticated on the planet that will venture into the underground domain of another animal and risk it's life,even die for something it won't eat?..if you can't appreciate that ,then you will never understand why men  dig ..plus it's too much hard work for most ?

Flipping right it is

On 17/05/2022 at 09:38, joe ox said:

Catch and release, the brick got called a cruel batsward and was ran off this site for releasing a hares back then. It works with larger quarry not so much with bunnies and such.

He got called a cruel b*****d for breaking that minshaw pup he had and rightly so,not sure why he got ran off this site but maybe it was also something to do with him being a cock sure mouthy fecker who knew it all and had the best of the best dogs going,,  :hmm::laugh:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Sammyballer said:

Don’t believe in catch and realise If you don’t want it dead don’t run it , simple as 

Find it rather crazy seen videos of people digging foxes and what not to just let run ?‍♂️ Your there for pest control no other reason and letting you dog take a beating risking its life to let it go , 

Shooting,gassing and trapping all if done correctly can kill more than a dog can and no one these days has to have a dog to catch much needed food and not every dog owner has land or crops he needs to protect, so not many folk use a dog solely for pest control and they use them for the sport of hunting with dogs. Same goes with terriers and earth work,iv'e never owned a pheasant and iv'e never wanted to stand on a peg to shoot one either so pest control as a reason isn't why i work a terrier.I work a terrier under the banner of pest control but i work one because i enjoy terrier work,like the lurcher owner likes lurcher work,the gun dog man likes gun dog work,,,see how it works bud..:victory:..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

"A good terrier is the canine Spartan, a warrior, a gladiator....it goes into the bowls of the earth, down a tight tube, in the dark, to face an adversary that is literally fighting for its life, it doesn't matter to a good Terrier if that adversary is a fox or a badger, a lion or a bear, it just doesn't matter, it has a job to do, and it will do that job, or die trying ! " 

What my brother, a Terrier man told me years ago ?

Cheers.

• Like 12
3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

i agree mate and bunny to hand could maybe be released but lurcher work they will be damaged or dead quick aren’t they ?

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 2