Devils advocate… catch and release

I've seen it done with large quarry but don't know whether they survived or not. At the time I had the sneaking suspicion the lad didn't like carrying stuff and it was more about that than the welfare of the quarry. Not my cup of tea.

• Haha 1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When were younger everything that moves goes in the bag as the years go by and we have been there done it, the thrill of the chase, picking harder runs and sometimes just tootling by admiring quarry l

"A good terrier is the canine Spartan, a warrior, a gladiator....it goes into the bowls of the earth, down a tight tube, in the dark, to face an adversary that is literally fighting for its life, it d

Digging to a good working terrier is a world apart from lurcher work,chalk and cheese...there's not another animal wild/domesticated on the planet that will venture into the underground domain of anot

Posted Images

Just now, Franks dad said:

Apologies for being autistic and asking a random question … but feck off I won’t ….. 

and if it’s that much shite , how come folk have answered saying they’ve heard of or experienced it ….? … more of a contribution than you made on the subject …. I know let’s bully the new bloke and just feck him off …..  nice one big man ? 

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

and if it’s that much shite , how come folk have answered saying they’ve heard of or experienced it ….? … more of a contribution than you made on the subject …. I know let’s bully the new bloke and just feck him off …..  nice one big man ? 

What kind of art do u do dad

1 hour ago, Franks dad said:

Are you serious catch and release...... we’re not fishing in stock ponds mate are u sure your not drunk....... we hunt for meat mate for us our dogs ferrets whatever if your out wae us you said you were releasing something my dog or my mates dogs caught at 4 in the morning....... as I said feck off frank an ps u sure your a faither.... bully on a hunting forum about catch and release u deserve bullied

Edited by jackthelad
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

Are you serious catch and release...... we’re not fishing in stock ponds mate are u sure your not drunk....... we hunt for meat mate for us our dogs ferrets whatever if your out wae us you said you were releasing something my dog or my mates dogs caught at 4 in the morning....... as I said feck off frank an ps u sure your a faither.... bully on a hunting forum about catch and release u deserve bullied

That's so not how we treat others jack ,go and sit on the stairs 

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, jackthelad said:

???

28 minutes ago, joe ox said:

Let's not pretend were all hunting to feed our starving families, I hunt because I enjoy it no other reason.

True all the shooting folks keep banging on about pest control I assume to make out they are complying with the general licence rubbish but unless your getting paid your doing it because you enjoy it. Nothing wrong with that though now a days your meant to hang you head in shame. But just because you enjoy it don't mean to say you don't care. Was out practising with the catty last week and passed a hare squatting less then 6 yards away. Would made perfect headshot and the next day a nice duck. Neither were touched just because of the time of year. My choice. September there might been steel balls whizzing all over the shop lol

• Like 6
1 hour ago, joe ox said:

Let's not pretend were all hunting to feed our starving families, I hunt because I enjoy it no other reason.

Second that, I hunt because i love to see the dog and quarry running. If I can get the dog off before any real damage is inflicted I do. 

I admire the quarry I don't want to kill every one 

• Like 2

When were younger everything that moves goes in the bag as the years go by and we have been there done it, the thrill of the chase, picking harder runs and sometimes just tootling by admiring quarry leaving them to run another day fits the bill, well it does for me anyway. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, joe ox said:

When were younger everything that moves goes in the bag as the years go by and we have been there done it, the thrill of the chase, picking harder runs and sometimes just tootling by admiring quarry leaving them to run another day fits the bill, well it does for me anyway. 

Couldn't describe it better myself. 

• Like 3