Saluki x grey

Are there many lads running  saluki types in IRELAND,i have a bitch that i hope breaks down in the next 2mts or so,she never held last yr,was thinking along the lines of a strong saluki type this yr.i dont see them about that much.

Edited by stonewall
  • Like 4

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like a bull cross  but crapper 

young pup i was kindly gifted coming on nicely.full of temper and drive 8mth old.  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Are there many lads running  saluki types in IRELAND,i have a bitch that i hope breaks down in the next 2mts or so,she never held last,was thinking along the lines of a strong saluki type this yr.i dont see them about that much.

IMG_3306 (2).JPG

Jigsaw got a few,and a pure ?

27 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

That probably happened because it was molly coddled to much had no sense about it, the best way to get a dog in shape without work is to let them free run with another dog chasing each other around mock coursing, does young dogs the world of good plenty of exercise opening there lungs up, go for a walk for an hour leave them play about have mad bursts learn how to twist and turn 

It's each to there own but you will come a cropper an thats a first mock coursing. When I've brought pups up they've amused them self by bombing round soon as they've hit the grass. But like a said letting sighthounds run daft an jumping all over each other is a start for troubles ahead. Not only that the dominant side will come out , an if one of the other pups grabs the other pup there maybe an accident there when they start fighting if your not about f**k the vet bills. You've got to be careful with coursing dogs. I've taken advice off men that was coursing in 70s 80s. 

8 minutes ago, stonewall said:

Are there many lads running  saluki types in IRELAND,i have a bitch that i hope breaks down in the next 2mts or so,she never held last yr,was thinking along the lines of a strong saluki type this yr.i dont see them about that much.

IMG_3306 (2).JPG

There's a lad called Tommy from Ireland was on here few years back he had some decent dogs. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bangersanmash said:

Like I've said chillout over the summer have a few beers an BBQs. Let the dogs be dogs. Get that pup out 1 to 1 you'll see a difference to your other 2 or 3 after 7 months of basic training. Thing is with a pup aswel you'll notice if they start to know there surround areas they'll play you up even more. Because it knows its way around without following you at toe. If you go to an area where it doesn't know an do abit of training it will stay with you may go abit infront but will look round for reassuring. That's when you tell the pup to come back to you an reward it. But that what your doing letting it pick up bad habits off the other dogs is no good. But in your eyes you think its right so there's no educating you Mc. 

What can he have on his bbq, you never said ? 

17 minutes ago, stonewall said:

IMG_3306 (2).JPG

Lucas will be 15 now if he's still around but produced some real stuff. Was some dog this was still knocking them over with one yok lol. Built like a narrow boat 

Screenshot_20220513-182914_Chrome.jpg

21 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Jigsaw got a few,and a pure ?

saw that dog on the this website. i think he said he was getting on now, tan dog if i remember rightly.would have looked like a fine animal in its youth.

Edited by stonewall
13 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

It's each to there own but you will come a cropper an thats a first mock coursing. When I've brought pups up they've amused them self by bombing round soon as they've hit the grass. But like a said letting sighthounds run daft an jumping all over each other is a start for troubles ahead. Not only that the dominant side will come out , an if one of the other pups grabs the other pup there maybe an accident there when they start fighting if your not about f**k the vet bills. You've got to be careful with coursing dogs. I've taken advice off men that was coursing in 70s 80s. 

That’s a first mock coursing ? that’s what all young wild animals do like cheateas lions ect chase each other about pretending there after there quarry gets them prepared for the real thing 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

That’s a first mock coursing ? that’s what all young wild animals do like cheateas lions ect chase each other about pretending there after there quarry gets them prepared for the real thing 

I've heard of it in lure racing mocking the hare the mechanical hare but not dogs lol its just called letting the dogs run around like c**ts. Waitin for a vet bill to appear haha. 

1 hour ago, Bangersanmash said:

For one a wouldn't be letting a pack of sighthounds ie saluki crosses run daft round each other. Your bound to come away with one of the dogs injured broken toes for one running sighthounds on rough ground specially in summer months like your sayin you let them do to get fit. I made the mistake my letting one of my dogs run stupid with the other dogs. An a true coursing man told me keep that dog on the lead mate when your round other dogs don't let it off. Only time it should come off the lead is on the land when out workin or when there's no other dogs about. You can walk them with other dogs on lead let them greet other dogs not to make them Malice. But do not let it off the lead. A listened to him for years.. An for a few days a thought f**k it be right. Next min a hard this f****n scream other dog had run straight into its front leg.  A went to see a chap near me a dog man checked him over , said to me he's Just bruised up I'm lucky.. So you do what you want. Saluki type aren't like other lurcher types there prone to injury. Lol 

soft as shit weak dog never been off a lead bangers saluki types injury prone ??

there the most hardy you will find 

17 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Lucas will be 15 now if he's still around but produced some real stuff. Was some dog this was still knocking them over with one yok lol. Built like a narrow boat 

Screenshot_20220513-182914_Chrome.jpg

i hardy ever see any of these type of dogs down my side of the country.

Edited by stonewall
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

soft as shit weak dog never been off a lead bangers saluki types injury prone ??

there the most hardy you will find 

Salukis injury prone ,how rediculous....if your running grassy fields and sandy beaches I suppose lol

Screenshot_2021-01-10-21-03-06-096_com.facebook.orca.jpg

• Like 1