Saluki x grey

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like a bull cross  but crapper 

young pup i was kindly gifted coming on nicely.full of temper and drive 8mth old.  

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Now put that in yer pipe and smoke it katchy lol

Nothing about bitchin he will most probably know there traits that's why many dog men won't have them because there nothing between the ears of them , but once you drill it in them from a young age you can't beat them for most kind of quarry. 

• Like 2

I've never found much of a bother with the saluki X's I've had,they jelled well with my style,...I've a pure and he's another story all together,he's been bustin my balls for the last few years,

3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Some folks have the knack with em?...I honestly don't?

I just bring them on like any other lurcher except the hunting up I won't let em til they're good at what I want them for and recall is bang on 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

I just bring them on like any other lurcher except the hunting up I won't let em til they're good at what I want them for and recall is bang on 

Myself and my mates just never seemed to have any luck with them...put time in,get them going well...wake up one day...and they be gone ? ...worse than the terrier  game for sly cnuts ...that daywalking imo,never got that whole 'my dog got to be the best thing'thats why I roll on my own?

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Myself and my mates just never seemed to have any luck with them...put time in,get them going well...wake up one day...and they be gone ? ...worse than the terrier  game for sly cnuts ...that daywalking imo,never got that whole 'my dog got to be the best thing'thats why I roll on my own?

Mines in the house. I only go daytime with 2 other lads ones an old boy been at it since the 70s very well known in coursing. My bitch is coming into her second season this time and if last is anything to go by I'll be over the moon she's filled out and muscled up I've got a beddy whippet grey pup to be bringing on for the young lad so it'll be fun and games 

• Like 1

Alot of the real special coursing types have funny ways ive found and alot of lads wouldnt be able to put up with the headache of them. My pal had a real goodun not long ago all he done all day was bark would set about adults or pups try and bite ya face over hares but you just new when he was on it was dying and when the conditions were shit for most he thrived. I had a pup off the dog and was as feral as him just didnt want to know people. Ive had one or two on the other hand that were as clever as any other dog and no trouble whatsoever but they wasnt as special as some of the headache dogs ive seen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As for pures me brother in law had one for abit he run it that much it was knocking hares with its chest but would not under any circumstances open its mouth i see it run loads and loads of stuff and the only body it ever put away was a rabbit that run into a log and killed itself and it picked it up and carried it back to him ???‍♂️

15 hours ago, Casey97 said:

Are saluki x greyhounds any good on different terrain for rabbits, Warrens or woodlands or are they just good on flat long ground 

New account, first post. 'Mcvey' deleted. Welcome back... Greb ??

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Iv saw a couple like that, ones iv had ain’t been a bother but there is deffo easier types to live with ?

My mate lives on a big place no nieghbours but even so i dont know how he put up with it would drive me insane. But i had one was almost like having a person with ya before i had gps collars id regularly lose him round home and hed find hes way back smothered in blood if you had a catapult in your hand hed point to sitting birds and the only dog ive owned that wouldnt just mark a warren but would mark where the rabbit was if he covered a hole 9 times out of ten thats where it was bolting but he had alot of time and miles put into him.

• Like 4
33 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

I've only ever had one pure off John Lennon the dog was Reuben speed of the pharaoh on paper or dickhe@d he could run but was ignorant as feck. Suppose the lad who had him til 8 month just left him in a kennel

Thats what am saying buying a dog in at 8 months warning signs should of been there mate. He's thought Al keep the c**t on till its 8 months old maybe bought In may or June time. Who evers buyin it " will of thought another 4 months on its back takes it to 12 months " Soon be September most of works been done. Lads reeled a loads of bollock to ya like most of them do . Retrieve back to hand , quite as a mouse in kennel dog with other dogs in back of motor it was Killing 4 out of 4s when it was 8 week old haha. Turns out its what nightmare are made of lol

• Like 1