Beardies and Kelpies

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here we go. If this works there'll be two of her marking rabbits and one side view for a better idea of her build. She's difficult to photograph as she's one of those dogs which comes straight over as

that’s my half bred pup just under 12 months old 

The way I look at things,...the game has changed dramatically, these last few years, and will obviously change, even more so.. bearing in mind that I am an antique, and ancient in the extreme,...I can

Posted Images

2 hours ago, terryd said:

Nice thread with 3 pages drivel at the end to wade through 

Don't worry, I'm sure it's blown over now.

Don't worry Jigsaw, I certainly didn't read anything you've posted as negative in any way. That's the problem with social media/texting etc you can't see someone's face so can't pick up on the extra nuances so it's easy to think that someone's being sarcastic when they're not.

As I did with black neck: sorry black neck.?

Anyway, let's get back to the subject of mating my nine month old kelpie (which hasn't caught anything yet) to a kelpie x whippet to produce some 3/4 kelpie 1/4 whippets. If I can't sell them at the first push I'll advertise them again in the Farmers Guardian as specifically bred for herding very fast sheep like Soays etc.?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Neal said:

Don't worry Jigsaw, I certainly didn't read anything you've posted as negative in any way. That's the problem with social media/texting etc you can't see someone's face so can't pick up on the extra nuances so it's easy to think that someone's being sarcastic when they're not.

Anyway, let's get back to the subject of mating my nine month old kelpie (which hasn't caught anything yet) to a kelpie x whippet to produce some 3/4 kelpie 1/4 whippets. If I can't sell them at the first push I'll advertise them again in the Farmers Guardian as specifically bred for herding very fast sheep like Soays etc.?

I'd be up for one, I thought I'd be happy enough mooching about with my tall-ish terrier but it's just not cutting it for where I like to walk ?

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Neal said:

No I'm sorry ,i6 let my feelings get the better on me I'll have a kelpie whippet off ya 

• Haha 1
On 18/05/2022 at 16:30, jigsaw said:

And stick an oul photo of the moderat mutts Neal, nothing better than a well made Kelpie lol

Just realised I've not replied to this. All my recent photos are on my phone whereas I go on the internet via my chromebook. I think there's some way of connecting the two devices...but it's beyond my caveman standard of tech knowledge. I'll try to pop on here tomorrow via my phone so I can put up some photos of Maudy on a recent trip to Dartmoor.?

• Like 2

I've just gone back on via the chromebook, as I don't trust myself and I wanted to check it worked.?

Funny coincidence. I've noticed that the middle photo is of her marking the bury where I poured Scout's ashes down one of the vertical entrances (as she spent so much of her time on Dartmoor trying to get in there) and the last one is alongside the ford where I scattered Rusty's ashes.

Very handsome beast. Looks like it's done a bit more work than mine too.? She's been close to a few squirrels but not quite close enough. I've found this stage goes on for a bit until I'm sure they're just never going to connect and then, when my guard's down, they surprise me.

Actually, she did "catch" a squab in the garden but that doesn't really count.?

neil b, what do you know about the breeding behind yours?

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Neal said:

Very handsome beast. Looks like it's done a bit more work than mine too.? She's been close to a few squirrels but not quite close enough. I've found this stage goes on for a bit until I'm sure they're just never going to connect and then, when my guard's down, they surprise me.

Actually, she did "catch" a squab in the garden but that doesn't really count.?

neil b, what do you know about the breeding behind yours?

What do you want to know pal?? 

5 minutes ago, neil b said:

What do you want to know pal?? 

Since I wrote that, I used the search to find the information about the original litter. Can't believe I completely missed that, it must have been when I was on here less for a while. 

When I saw the first photo, and because you'd written half cross, I was assuming half kelpie half collie as I've never seen a kelpie lurcher looking so kelpie-like.? It wasn't until I saw the second photo I realised it was half greyhound. 

How are you finding him/her ( I can't tell from the photos?) compared to your collie cross? And do you know how the rest of the litter are doing? 

Oops, nearly forgot, my original question was whether you know anything about the kelpie sire.

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

Since I wrote that, I used the search to find the information about the original litter. Can't believe I completely missed that, it must have been when I was on here less for a while. 

When I saw the first photo, and because you'd written half cross, I was assuming half kelpie half collie as I've never seen a kelpie lurcher looking so kelpie-like.? It wasn't until I saw the second photo I realised it was half greyhound. 

How are you finding him/her ( I can't tell from the photos?) compared to your collie cross? And do you know how the rest of the litter are doing? 

Oops, nearly forgot, my original question was whether you know anything about the kelpie sire.

she she has been an absolute dream to train and get started hunting, she picks things up very quickly, iv put a lot of time into her to be honest, the lads I hunt with have pups out of the litter they are making cracking animals, 0A6D8D67-47A6-412C-B947-D826F73A65AC.jpeg.a06360afd4146e33a0719712ccae6ef0.jpegthis is her litter brother, the dogs seem to have thrown racier than the bitches, like I said they are only just 12 months old, this season will be their first full season 

• Like 8