A greyhound man mithered me to take a brindle and white track dog to put it on something live because it was stone useless on track I put it on 2 hares on fields and it splattered the 2 never made it any quicker on track tho

• Like 2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We used several pure Greyhounds for the Roe deer job,...they made easy work of them..? Back in the early Seventies,.. I reared a nice speedy Black bitch from a pup, and took most quarry with her,

Reckon I'm spot on, there!  Lol. Nice enough lad, but f**k me, he's hard work!!  ? ??

I like Hendon, had a rep for being a bit rough, the garths were an interesting place to grow up.   

Posted Images

19 hours ago, jukel123 said:

The deer/ grey looks like a Platts bred dog. They tend to be smaller and dark brindle. Be interesting to see if Sunderland Lamper can find out.

Might have been mate, but it's only around 4 mile from where the litter was whelped to TC's place,he is right on the doorstep. 

• Like 1
On 08/05/2022 at 16:42, Sunderland lamper said:

Has anyone bought a greyhound from pup and brought it on like a lurcher

interested in knowing the ins and outs and the comparison to the modern day lurcher instead of people trying the usual ex racer

cheers

We used several pure Greyhounds for the Roe deer job,...they made easy work of them..?

Back in the early Seventies,.. I reared a nice speedy Black bitch from a pup, and took most quarry with her,...great days....?

We did not worry to much, about mathematical equations, to produce the various hybrids,...we just took,.. what was on offer..?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 11
5 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

We used several pure Greyhounds for the Roe deer job,...they made easy work of them..?

Back in the early Seventies,.. I reared a nice speedy Black bitch from a pup, and took most quarry with her,...great days....?

We did not worry to much, about mathematical equations, to produce the various hybrids,...we just took,.. what was on offer..?

scan0003.jpg

Fair mullet bruh 

22 hours ago, mackem said:

I was born in Hendon, the garths,demolished now. The deerhound greyhound in your dog might be Trevor cooks stud, I think he lives town end or Castletown, North side. 

Small world . my gran lived in the tower block on hendon rd 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Small world . my gran lived in the tower block on hendon rd 

I like Hendon, had a rep for being a bit rough, the garths were an interesting place to grow up. 

post-1930-0-43451300-1501757961.jpg

post-1930-0-41866300-1501757898.jpg

post-1930-0-86496700-1501757931.jpg

Edited by mackem
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, mackem said:

I've seen battery hens in better conditions. God awful places those flats. Lived for a spell in Ashfield Valley Rochdale. Hellhole. The town planners and architects should be strung up. Bet they didn't have to live in them. And you've got to pay to live there!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

I've seen battery hens in better conditions. God awful places those flats. Lived for a spell in Ashfield Valley Rochdale. Hellhole. The town planners and architects should be strung up. Bet they didn't have to live in them. And you've got to pay to live there!

I lived Ashfield valley as a kid as well lol

• Like 1
4 hours ago, OldPhil said:

scan0052.jpg

Now that looks like it could shift a bit, I wonder what the length of stride is on a good greyhound at top speed, I’m guessing maybe 8 foot between where the back feet push off and the front feet dig in, I think Sandy might know this one hopefully he be along soon with some fact sheets ??

5 hours ago, mackem said:

Must have been a rough old place, that's the late great Terry McCann cutting across the plot on the first pic, he'd just been round to collect

• Haha 3
19 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Now that looks like it could shift a bit, I wonder what the length of stride is on a good greyhound at top speed, I’m guessing maybe 8 foot between where the back feet push off and the front feet dig in, I think Sandy might know this one hopefully he be along soon with some fact sheets ??

On a greyhound flat out its between 16 and 17feet

28 minutes ago, levigsp said:

On a greyhound flat out its between 16 and 17feet

Indeed, around 5 meters, with four strides per second in acceleration going down to three and a half once at top speed which is reached in around 6 strides/30 meters.

20 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Must have been a rough old place, that's the late great Terry McCann cutting across the plot on the first pic, he'd just been round to collect

Terry's probably walking , because the wheels have gone off his car ?

• Haha 1