• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We used several pure Greyhounds for the Roe deer job,...they made easy work of them..? Back in the early Seventies,.. I reared a nice speedy Black bitch from a pup, and took most quarry with her,

Reckon I'm spot on, there!  Lol. Nice enough lad, but f**k me, he's hard work!!  ? ??

I like Hendon, had a rep for being a bit rough, the garths were an interesting place to grow up.   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sunderland lamper said:

Has anyone bought a greyhound from pup and brought it on like a lurcher

interested in knowing the ins and outs and the comparison to the modern day lurcher instead of people trying the usual ex racer

cheers

I knew a bloke as a kid used to run a pure greyhound around sunderland, OK on hares around Penshaw. 

Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Joe Bolton ? 

No mate, malcolm T, lives Grangetown way now. 

8 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

I bet the long sloping fields around the monument would have been a test

There was some strong hares on the bottom fields and over herrington, if you got one in daylight it was a red-letter day as a kid, don't know what it's like nowadays, I would love to walk those fields again with the same childhood attitude, I think bull Cross lurchers are very common around sunderland nowadays, I used to know a kid from South hylton who always had pure saluki, he still has one now but she is old. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Sunderland lamper said:

My current dog is 1/2 saluki x first cross deerhound greyhound she is only 4 month old but already 21” tts so hopefully there’s something to prove her on come when she is ready

Got a pic? 

1 minute ago, Sunderland lamper said:

No idea mate she is out of litter in Hendon 

I’ll try and inbox you pics of sire and dam 

I was born in Hendon, the garths,demolished now. The deerhound greyhound in your dog might be Trevor cooks stud, I think he lives town end or Castletown, North side. 

6 minutes ago, mackem said:

I was born in Hendon, the garths,demolished now. The deerhound greyhound in your dog might be Trevor cooks stud, I think he lives town end or Castletown, North side. 

The deer/ grey looks like a Platts bred dog. They tend to be smaller and dark brindle. Be interesting to see if Sunderland Lamper can find out.

• Like 1