Fishing Comp. 2022

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great weekend as always, good craic, good food and drink (maybe too much lol) and raised a few quid again. Thanks Bry for sorting curry on Friday night, helped loads. Loads of good prizes do

Forgot to say thanks to Arry for bringing cider and prizes...the cider ruined me and Sean mate, oh and Dys port...lol Big thanks to Bob too, he brought this sausage dog for my Mrs, she loves it c

Red hot on the beach.....good job I came wearing my sunbathing clothes so I don't look totally out of place ?  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, socks said:

Name your poison sugar puff and we will get on it ?

desparados and don't mind a drop of a nice single malt?other than the fishing comps,I get pissed maybe twice a yr Ken...I'm no trouble,I'm a happy drunk?

11 minutes ago, socks said:

The last person that drank wine with me at the comp ended up staggering off to bed early …….

didn’t you shreck ?

We will see who can drink soon......pinot and prosecco will sort the men from the boys 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

desparados and don't mind a drop of a nice single malt?other than the fishing comps,I get pissed maybe twice a yr Ken...I'm no trouble,I'm a happy drunk?

Right that’s you destroyed this year and In bed by 10pm ?

• Haha 3
16 minutes ago, myersbg said:

Love to come,but just looked, hell its a long way 

Haymin used to set off 2 weeks before because he would always get lost? twobob tips up a week early?

well worth the effort mate, yourself,any family and your dogs will be welcomed with open arms?..plenty of banter,not like this place..the fishery owners treat you like a vip?

27 minutes ago, myersbg said:

Love to come,but just looked, hell its a long way 

I'm in Lancashire mate. Either set off in good time Friday and plod down or set off at 4am Saturday and belt it down. I often go to Exmoor for one days hunting and come back next day, set off early your there before you wake up.

Quick update for everyone...

Earlier this year, the fishery owner (dave) his young son and wife were involved in a serious car accident that ended with them all in hospital for weeks.. all in separate hospitals as well..the young lad (Mika) suffered serious spinal injuries, and he stayed in Bristol Children's hospital for a couple of months in full body cast...there was serious fears he would never walk again.. he came home in a half body cast, and walked...I went to see the family for his 3rd birthday earlier in the summer and he was running around like any other 3 year old, with only a neck brace on, I saw him a couple of weeks later and the brace was off..he has made a full recovery... to he honest its a miracle any of them are alive, but that's not worth thinking about...

So this year the money raised will go to the Bristol Children's ward, this is also very close to a member on here who is a big part of the weekend...

I'll do a separate post about weekend set up etc...and as usual we'll make it work amongst us all...its been flat out for a lot of us this year, be good to catch up and chill..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I'll be getting there Friday afternoon.. 

Will be bringing camp BBQ, Fire pits, logs, extra canopy (same as Joe's last year so give us some extra cover), drink, food etc..

Happy to do a chilli again like last year for Friday night, plus Jacket spuds to go on fires, it saves dirtying the bbq...

On Saturday I'm trying to sort a mess about on the Jet Ski for the kids (and adults who want to), trying to get a donut to drag behind, it'll depend on weather and be a 30 minute drive from the site (easier to do this out of Exmouth which is other side of estuary).. give me an idea if any of the kids want to and we'll sort it.. 

If not I usually take John's kids and mine sea fishing somewhere and get an ice cream etc... again anyone or just the kids are welcome, gets them off the site for a few hours...

I think it might be wise to change the timings on the Sunday a bit, the last couple of years me and Sean have been cooking the barbie in the dark on the Sunday, and it's a pain in the ass...

Idea is we draw for pegs early (ish)  then everyone jumps in and sets the camp for the Sunday night, we get the barbie set up where we have the auction, tables, canopy etc all ready... fish the match which should finish 3-30pm at the latest, weigh in, wash up etc...then do the barbie first, its not a problem if the auction goes into the dark... 

Most years we're still setting up at 6pm so I think this will save that mad rush after the match...

Let's face it the match is a bit of a side show now, and this has become a real social, so even if we shorten the match time it probably won't matter...

Obviously sort it over the weekend amongst ourselves, just a heads up really.