On 20/05/2022 at 22:59, bigmac 97kt said:

I can see a lot of airguns going up for sale 

And an end to our sport 

Over this 

I mean why spend a couple of grand on a rifle 

If you can't get the ammo to hit out 

Rendering the rifle useless 

Atvbjimmy ???

3 years ago when i saw what BASC's agenda was regarding lead i decided not to renew my membership and sell all my guns(rifles,shotguns and air rifles) then purchased a camera,

3 years ago i was banned from pigeon watch forum because i disagreed with BASC's and other forum members when they were saying that steel shot was equivalent to lead shot,

this is what BASC were saying before the EU and Waitrose decided that they did not want game shot with lead shot

BASC.ORG.UK

IN response to John Swift’s blog on Mark Avery’s website regarding lead ammunition, BASC has highlighted the...

Edited by paddyluke
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On the HSE / Reach UK date, this is a proposal only at present and whilst I have barely skimmed a few of the 220 pages, it looks like there could be exceptions. As I said earlier, hope for the best an

Everyone knows this is total bullshit but the propergander keeps on rolling with fcuking wankers like basc who have their own agenda and that is not to aid most shooting men and women. To be hone

Had I gone to the Northern Shooting show today, I was heading for BASC to see what the fcuk they are doing and after reading the statement from them in my email today, I am so pleased I dropped out of

Posted Images

10 hours ago, paddyluke said:

3 years ago when i saw what BASC's agenda was regarding lead i decided not to renew my membership and sell all my guns(rifles,shotguns and air rifles) then purchased a camera,

3 years ago i was banned from pigeon watch forum because i disagreed with BASC's and other forum members when they were saying that steel shot was equivalent to lead shot,

this is what BASC were saying before the EU and Waitrose decided that they did not want game shot with lead shot

BASC.ORG.UK

IN response to John Swift’s blog on Mark Avery’s website regarding lead ammunition, BASC has highlighted the...

That is still on their website.??? 

Whaaat? 

Can someone please print this to a pdf to be sure they don't take it down. I'm going to send this to them. These people are incompetant. 

has anyone ever tested the ground water under historic shot gun shooting clubs , were tons of lead shot must have been shot over the years . This will give some information as to the possibility  of pollution by lead from shot , I would suggest it has been done already and no pollution has been found , if pollution was found every one would know . With the lead in tap water because of lead pipes I do wonder about but I do wonder more about the plastic in tap water to day .

1 hour ago, barrywhite said:

has anyone ever tested the ground water under historic shot gun shooting clubs , were tons of lead shot must have been shot over the years . This will give some information as to the possibility  of pollution by lead from shot , I would suggest it has been done already and no pollution has been found , if pollution was found every one would know . With the lead in tap water because of lead pipes I do wonder about but I do wonder more about the plastic in tap water to day .

There’s water running off lead flashing on nearly every house in the country every time it rains.

• Like 1

Everyone knows this is total bullshit but the propergander keeps on rolling with fcuking wankers like basc who have their own agenda and that is not to aid most shooting men and women.

To be honest, go into half a dozen rfds and ask if they know from the ammo suppliers what is actually the plan, NOBODY knows for sure. I think it is safe to say we will be forced into buying steel shot cartridges for shooting live quarry although I have heard it said that clay shooting grounds will be allowed to use lead shot. Rimfire will stay on lead and pellets will also stay on lead as to centrefire, well I have heard nothing and all that I have heard conflicts with info from other rfds.

There is a possibility that the shooting public will get the chance to lodge their views by some of the shite that basc have spouted but who know and that is really the point at present because outside the government members and perhaps basc (if they remembered to send someone to the meetings) and until a full proposal is released, we will not know what the real effects will be.

We prepare for the worst and hope for the best but above all else, we must keep our eyes and ears open for factual information and when we have that, lodge our feelings with our MPs voting with your feet.

Phil

• Like 4
5 hours ago, philpot said:

Everyone knows this is total bullshit but the propergander keeps on rolling with fcuking wankers like basc who have their own agenda and that is not to aid most shooting men and women.

To be honest, go into half a dozen rfds and ask if they know from the ammo suppliers what is actually the plan, NOBODY knows for sure. I think it is safe to say we will be forced into buying steel shot cartridges for shooting live quarry although I have heard it said that clay shooting grounds will be allowed to use lead shot. Rimfire will stay on lead and pellets will also stay on lead as to centrefire, well I have heard nothing and all that I have heard conflicts with info from other rfds.

There is a possibility that the shooting public will get the chance to lodge their views by some of the shite that basc have spouted but who know and that is really the point at present because outside the government members and perhaps basc (if they remembered to send someone to the meetings) and until a full proposal is released, we will not know what the real effects will be.

We prepare for the worst and hope for the best but above all else, we must keep our eyes and ears open for factual information and when we have that, lodge our feelings with our MPs voting with your feet.

Phil

This is of course why BASC have been so difficiemt... 

This proposed ban is being handled by HSE, there is a consultation document which all shooters can fill out and return online. Has anyone besides me actually done it? It seems that whenever there is an issue around shooting, be it GLs or a lead ban, there is plenty said on all forums but very few actually get involved in a constructive way?

• Like 2

I emailed JSB to ask what they were doing it about. 

They got straight back to me. It seems they are about to answer with a solution.. 

They concerned to hear, but say they've got an upcoming solution. 

Good-ish news

On 25/05/2022 at 17:10, Timmy H said:

This proposed ban is being handled by HSE, there is a consultation document which all shooters can fill out and return online. Has anyone besides me actually done it? It seems that whenever there is an issue around shooting, be it GLs or a lead ban, there is plenty said on all forums but very few actually get involved in a constructive way?

Can you put up a link to consulation document Timmy please.  The basc latest blurb states that consultation is being handled by REACH UK, so who is HSE.

Phil

On 25/05/2022 at 17:10, Timmy H said:

Timmy, I have just found the puplic consultation document from the HSE but they are really wanting figures of ammo both lead and lead free on a GB scale not individuals so how have you filled in your entry as I have scrapped my entry as being not what they are asking for OR is there another document that applies to the individual.

I am at present wading through the 220 page UK REACH, UK restriction report which is heavy going but I am hoping to better understand the full situation of the proposals.

Phil

BASC is quite happy for a lead ban but are trying to convince members that they are fighting against a ban

BASC.ORG.UK

B Some people say that a lead ban will be good for shooting – is that true? Lead is toxic and classified as a...
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Call from nine pro-shooting groups comes amid calls for ban to be enshrined in law

BASC does not want a ban on lead??

HI-IN.(!64.56:886

अपने मित्रों, परिवार और अपने परिचित लोगों से साझा करना और कनेक्ट करना शुरू करने के लिए Facebook में लॉग इन करें.

WWW.THETIMES.CO.UK

Lead shot is to be phased out after shooting organisations admitted that it was poisoning wildlife...

Edited by paddyluke
On 25/05/2022 at 09:44, philpot said:

Phil

Wrong mate , the ban applies to rim fire, airrifle and clay shooting too. The ban is on sale and use of lead the only exemption might be indoor target shooting where lead is not going into the environment.