Lead Ban Disaster - time to get busy.

It seems as if its coming. 

The thought of being unable to use lead. Means... Pretty much time to give up. 

It amazes the hell out of me that shooting manufacturers and bodies have not done more to work this out. Seems like as if they are just waiting until the end going bankrupt loosing the sport of finding something else to manufacture. 

All the skill gone out of target sports. 

To innacurate to use for hunting. 

Why hasn't there been more development up til now. 

I do wonder what the real motive is behind this. 

Makes me so furious 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On the HSE / Reach UK date, this is a proposal only at present and whilst I have barely skimmed a few of the 220 pages, it looks like there could be exceptions. As I said earlier, hope for the best an

Everyone knows this is total bullshit but the propergander keeps on rolling with fcuking wankers like basc who have their own agenda and that is not to aid most shooting men and women. To be hone

Had I gone to the Northern Shooting show today, I was heading for BASC to see what the fcuk they are doing and after reading the statement from them in my email today, I am so pleased I dropped out of

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, JakeFury said:

It seems as if its coming. 

The thought of being unable to use lead. Means... Pretty much time to give up. 

It amazes the hell out of me that shooting manufacturers and bodies have not done more to work this out. Seems like as if they are just waiting until the end going bankrupt loosing the sport of finding something else to manufacture. 

All the skill gone out of target sports. 

To innacurate to use for hunting. 

Why hasn't there been more development up til now. 

I do wonder what the real motive is behind this. 

Makes me so furious 

it's what BASC was calling for,they wanted a "voluntary" ban to come in because they said lead is toxic to wildlife and humans,that's why i gave up BASC 2 years ago.

Edited by paddyluke
1 hour ago, paddyluke said:

it's what BASC was calling for,they wanted a "voluntary" ban to come in because they said lead is toxic to wildlife and humans,that's why i gave up BASC 2 years ago.

Well I'm still a member for insurance purposes. I did however consider this position, as I can see they are jumping on a few babandwagons the science of which I regard and shaky at best. The general "environment" lobby they associate themselves with reminds of all the nimbies in the 80s stopping road developments and teaming up the the crusties to do so. 

I think someone is playing a better game on them. A bunch that seeks to remove all our freedom. What better way of stopping hunting than to make the ammunition useless. 

I bet the authorities requiring accurate lead ammo will still have it. 

Had I gone to the Northern Shooting show today, I was heading for BASC to see what the fcuk they are doing and after reading the statement from them in my email today, I am so pleased I dropped out of my membership as they do fcuk all for the shooting man.

How the hell can this so called piss poor organisation support the ban when there is no alternative for air gun and rifle, to say I am angry is an understatement, BASC doesn't deserve our money, they certainly will never get another penney from me but that won't bother them after all they are clearly not bothered about their membership.

Complete TWATS

Rant over

Phil

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, philpot said:

Had I gone to the Northern Shooting show today, I was heading for BASC to see what the fcuk they are doing and after reading the statement from them in my email today, I am so pleased I dropped out of my membership as they do fcuk all for the shooting man.

How the hell can this so called piss poor organisation support the ban when there is no alternative for air gun and rifle, to say I am angry is an understatement, BASC doesn't deserve our money, they certainly will never get another penney from me but that won't bother them after all they are clearly not bothered about their membership.

Complete TWATS

Rant over

Phil

I'm ringing them on Monday. 

There stance on their website is worse than ambiguous. 

It's almost as if they've gone into at as environmentalists and then suddenly realised, oh sh£t if we can't hit anything there's no point. 

Anyone tried lead free shotgun ammo? Wonder if they are playing a numbers game. 

On 07/05/2022 at 21:50, JakeFury said:

I'm ringing them on Monday. 

There stance on their website is worse than ambiguous. 

It's almost as if they've gone into at as environmentalists and then suddenly realised, oh sh£t if we can't hit anything there's no point. 

Anyone tried lead free shotgun ammo? Wonder if they are playing a numbers game. 

Did you manage to speak to them mate ?

Atb

Mart 

No mate. 

Tbh.. I've not been well today. Had to do a sticky, the rest is tmi.. 

I will get some info. Actually I am a member of the NSRA too, so I might give them a bell. 

Cheers pal

• Like 1

Some years ago when zinc tin pellets started to emerge and the talk was of a possible Happy alternative to lead ammo,  there was a number of lads who were starting  using them. My mate Andy Ruane here swore by the ones he was using. Fine. Then came the accuracy issues the other lads reported. The last finding was, that tin ammo doesn't conform to an air rifle with a choked muzzle. That means possible damage to the muzzle rifling which will scupper your rifle accuracy full stop. 

If this talk of banning lead pellets for  zinc etc, gathers into reality I'm not going hunting anymore. Not with a less than reliable accurate pellet.

Humane, painless despatch through precision accurate shot placement is everything as far as I'm concerned. Or not at all.  

Pianoman. 

• Thanks 1

Here's some defacto information on time scales thanks to AAR on air. 

Sorry for the youtube link 

Hope. Its OK. 

Does anyone know how bad the impact is on accuracy of shotguns? 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, JakeFury said:

Here's some defacto information on time scales thanks to AAR on air. 

Sorry for the youtube link 

Hope. Its OK. 

Does anyone know how bad the impact is on accuracy of shotguns? 

I’ve been using steel shotgun cartridges for years. Some of the early ones were poor, to say the least, but the current hp steel are good in my opinion. They’ve come on a lot with development as will airgun pellets if they have to I’m sure. Research and development will achieve desired results but will probably take time to get right. Necessity is the mother of invention as they say...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JakeFury said:

Let's see a ban on shot guns and leave air guns alone then..... Seems OK to me. 

You got me thinking about lead pellets Jake, just had an approximate count up of some of my accumulated oddments and it’s around 14,800 - .177’s, 5,500 - .20’s 11,500 - .22’s and 1,400 - .25’s. So 33,200 in total. Hope I don’t have to throw them all away?. I also found some lead free H&N’s that I’d forgotten about, price says £14:50 for 200?. I’ll give them a go in a spring rifle and pcp at varying fac speeds to see how they perform.

155DFA06-14E9-45CF-B2EB-49BDDD4300E7.jpeg

9AB312F0-3A52-4D7B-9F62-283F4E6F415F.jpeg