First time I've heard this!

44 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

..............anyway, here’s part of another one of Tony’s electronic rifles. I wonder if it still works.....?

?

BBAE7698-2C9F-4940-B108-1E113037C2DA.jpeg

How does the electronic part of it all work? I couldn't have one as forget to charge battery's for the pard half the time?

I think its a feckin shame tbh. 

I want to write to Tony or Daystate and say... Listen.... The target bods are obsessed with ancient designs they havent spotted that FX and Daystate are clearing up on more modern up and coming comps over longer ranges... 

Air Arms great support old ideas. Hopefully new ones coming V soon. 

Daystate terrible after sales and. Degree of who give a shit about their customers. 

No good. 

I'd like to buy one. Tbh. 

Can I trust the warranty... Actually my RFD had a negative view about it. Not just the lads here. 

I'd like to hot rod an S200 CZ. I've done a lot of reading on that. 

But I don't really want a BSA or an Air Arms.... Etc... Daystate....? Step up to the warranty? 

• Like 1

One of our members, Pianoman (Simon) had a new Huntsman, utter trash and you have to bear in mind Simon is a superb springer shot so a pcp is childs play to him but after returning it to gaystate, it was no better and it sat in the cabinet for a few years until he decided to take it to Ratworks and Phil Crampton worked his magic to make this gun what it should have been from the factory but why the hell should he have to spend a few hundred quid to sort a gun from new.

There is a stunning Huntsman in my rfd at the moment and to be honest, I would love it as it feels superb in the shoulder but it's a Daystate.................................?

Phil

• Like 2
4 hours ago, philpot said:

One of our members, Pianoman (Simon) had a new Huntsman, utter trash and you have to bear in mind Simon is a superb springer shot so a pcp is childs play to him but after returning it to gaystate, it was no better and it sat in the cabinet for a few years until he decided to take it to Ratworks and Phil Crampton worked his magic to make this gun what it should have been from the factory but why the hell should he have to spend a few hundred quid to sort a gun from new.

There is a stunning Huntsman in my rfd at the moment and to be honest, I would love it as it feels superb in the shoulder but it's a Daystate.................................?

Phil

I agree, both about having to spend on a new relatively expensive airgun to get it right. Also, that the huntsman looks and feels great. Some of them have beautiful wood as well, but........it’s a gaystate??

4 hours ago, philpot said:

Phil

I thought Carl at airtech did Simon’s huntsman regal 

Love the look of my regals but that’s about it . I said to TB at daystate why don’t daystate fit regs and his reply was “ Harper valve is better “ ?

if that’s the case why do daystate fit regs now . Totally incompetent company on all levels 

29 minutes ago, villaman said:

Love the look of my regals but that’s about it . I said to TB at daystate why don’t daystate fit regs and his reply was “ Harper valve is better “ ?

if that’s the case why do daystate fit regs now . Totally incompetent company on all levels 

He also said they use a bolt instead of a side lever because it keeps everything in line. Now they use a side lever.....?

What did he do to it mate? 

This is the question. 

I've always thought that Walther wouldn't want their competitors to have their best barrels. Why would they seek superb barrels to Daystate and Air Arms.

Isn't it so that as they use the same barrels, if one is within similar sub twelve spec the characteristics are the same, I assume as they are both accurate when right.. The twist rate would be the same for similar ammo at similar energies.... Does make me wonder... Well I've been shouted at before... I think they are spinning their legacy. Air Arms that is. 

Surely a dual reg or something new to freshen up the lineage or even their own barrels... Daystate has the lead in international comps like extreme bench... That shit is fun fun fun.. Id rather be doing that than HFT tbh... I think if I did HFT ranged with my HW or my Kral, I'd fekkin win. 

However bench rest... Myeah... Not as easy as it looks with the wind. 

Obviously I'm a tosspot. But.. You get my drift. 

17 minutes ago, JakeFury said:

What did he do to it mate? 

This is the question. 

I've always thought that Walther wouldn't want their competitors to have their best barrels. Why would they seek superb barrels to Daystate and Air Arms.

Isn't it so that as they use the same barrels, if one is within similar sub twelve spec the characteristics are the same, I assume as they are both accurate when right.. The twist rate would be the same for similar ammo at similar energies.... Does make me wonder... Well I've been shouted at before... I think they are spinning their legacy. Air Arms that is. 

Surely a dual reg or something new to freshen up the lineage or even their own barrels... Daystate has the lead in international comps like extreme bench... That shit is fun fun fun.. Id rather be doing that than HFT tbh... I think if I did HFT ranged with my HW or my Kral, I'd fekkin win. 

However bench rest... Myeah... Not as easy as it looks with the wind. 

Obviously I'm a tosspot. But.. You get my drift. 

How are you getting on with the kral?

13 minutes ago, JayB0 said:

How are you getting on with the kral?

Haha..... After all that waffle lol... 

Lovely mate.. Its a very rewarding air Rifle. Trigger is nice. Setup took a while. 

I'm getting a new scope and mounts for it at the mo, as I put my.bemch scope on the 100, I've sold well I'm selling some HFT and FT stuff I bought... As tbh... I don't fit in... I'm not a club person.. Decided not to get involved with all that. Plenty of fun places to shoot and perfect my benching.. Tune my springers.. Chat with you guys etc...

Have a laugh with it tbh.. 

They seem all a bit "ex police" haha... 

Apoliges to anyone who is ex police. But I'm a bit lawless 

Yeah it's good mate... You should get one. 

I'm making some shroud baffles / dampers at the mo, as I noticed when i hold the shroud when I shoot (I know not easy).... Its quieter lots I think)

Gonna get a reg too. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, JakeFury said:

Haha..... After all that waffle lol... 

Lovely mate.. Its a very rewarding air Rifle. Trigger is nice. Setup took a while. 

I'm getting a new scope and mounts for it at the mo, as I put my.bemch scope on the 100, I've sold well I'm selling some HFT and FT stuff I bought... As tbh... I don't fit in... I'm not a club person.. Decided not to get involved with all that. Plenty of fun places to shoot and perfect my benching.. Tune my springers.. Chat with you guys etc...

Have a laugh with it tbh.. 

They seem all a bit "ex police" haha... 

Apoliges to anyone who is ex police. But I'm a bit lawless 

Yeah it's good mate... You should get one. 

I'm making some shroud baffles / dampers at the mo, as I noticed when i hold the shroud when I shoot (I know not easy).... Its quieter lots I think)

Gonna get a reg too. 

Don't think I'll get another kral anytime soon, Jimmy's got my old one and while I can't fault them with how it performs, just didn't enjoy lugging it around the fields?

Edited by JayB0
  • Haha 1
On 07/05/2022 at 16:56, villaman said:

How dare you put pic of a shit gun on this forum 

Good to see you're still the good old Mitch I knew before! Still got that warm fuzzy thing for Daystate then Mitch lol!!!

• Haha 3