NI elections, does USA accept political refugees?

1 minute ago, Lenmcharristar said:

But they did that before 3 times until the democrats lent them the vote counting machines then on the 4th try the eu won the irish vote to join

Yes I understand that len and I'm as much against the eu machine as you are but I'm also a nationalist first and foremost and I'm afraid that at this moment in time that trumps being anti eu. 

• Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I live in the backhills of Alabama and I love it.I have miles of rivers and creeks to hunt and fish.In my small town there is 2 gas stations.Neither one accepts credit cards or debit cards.Cash only.M

Quite possibly. I've fought for what I love for 20 years, politically I've tried to get involved with mainstream parties, I've thrown my lot in with new movements and parties, I've spent every single

There is some good parties for Ireland in the South who want no part of the EU len

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

We need a trump like leader, who will run the country like a business and not a holiday camp for all the worlds rejects and criminals. If ya didnt come here through work then out to feck

There is some good parties for Ireland in the South who want no part of the EU len

• Like 5

Here’s one, I don’t know how much a 3 bed semi is in the north in average but it would be worth a hundred grand less the second that the republic assumes control in the north (in that scenario)……the United ireland has a big price tag for ordinary people in the north.

Im sure they would be happy to pay it but just saying, it don’t come for free and the mortgage company still wants what folks borrowed.

2 hours ago, kanny said:

Look on the bright side len you'll be a united country under Brussels full control soon enough.....what you don't there will be a price for their shenanigans?.... ?

There may be a united ireland at some stage, but that will be a united ireland controlled by Brussels. A united ireland where the nationlast and unionist people combined will be a minority.

• Sad 2
6 minutes ago, WILF said:

Here’s one, I don’t know how much a 3 bed semi is in the north in average but it would be worth a hundred grand less the second that the republic assumes control in the north (in that scenario)……the United ireland has a big price tag for ordinary people in the north.

Im sure they would be happy to pay it but just saying, it don’t come for free and the mortgage company still wants what folks borrowed.

Average house price is about 140 grand at the minute wilf and wouldn't be any less in the south in fact in the south in a half decent town they'd be more I'd say although I haven't looked. Wages in the south are better than here, I'd make double in Dublin than I would in Belfast and that's a fact, tradesmen are coming back from England and heading south for work. 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Average house price is about 140 grand at the minute wilf and wouldn't be any less in the south in fact in the south in a half decent town they'd be more I'd say although I haven't looked. Wages in the south are better than here, I'd make double in Dublin than I would in Belfast and that's a fact, tradesmen are coming back from England and heading south for work. 

Aint that true, and the standard of work has went south too, pun intended, fecking hatchet men these days

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Yeah, wages are decent mate but it’s all relative.

Simple stuff is where you get kicked I have noticed, sounds silly but a shower gel that’s like 80p in Asda in Enniskillen is €3 here, you have fibre broadband and most places here don’t , you’ll have a couple of Modern astroturf pitches in your towns and they won’t have a decent one in a whole county here, internet for you is probably £25 and for me it’s €70 …..that type of stuff.

You have thriving high streets and here in little towns every other shop is derelict.

That said, no council tax here, no parking charges in my county at least, you can buy a little do up place for 30 grand……

Like all things, swings and roundabouts mate ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Francie said:

What will the process be?North joins South or vice versa?our own currency or the euro?a whole new goverment? A new police force?

The garda are infiltrated with British personnel right now,I dint trust them at all.

You won’t get the republic away from the EU mate, too many people rely on it……Ireland can’t survive without it is the simple fact.

After independence in the 20s the republic had a sort of “no trade with Britain” policy and their economy never grew by a single percentage point for 40 years until they abandoned the policy !! …….not one single percent !

I think by then the damage was done and many people had left from what I can make of it, when the EU rocked up it was like Christmas.

The EU is the lifeblood of Ireland, it don’t have to be because Ireland has a hell of a lot going for it, but it is because nobody has the foresight to think bigger and those in charge have no interest in that anyway, they are all doing very nicely just like every other politician in every other country.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Francie said:

I have this same discussion with my friend,I says how are we a united ireland if we're still in the eu,an he comes back with,was Britain a United country while in the eu?is Spain a United country while in the eu,so was Britain or Spain sovereign while in the eu?

I don't really want to get into the quagmire of Irish politics, and I'm really ambivalent wether Ireland is unified or not, but I've a couple of observations.

Northern Ireland, much like Scotland, has a huge proportion of the working population on the government payroll, public services jobs.

Would the Republic be able to absorb these jobs if reunification occurred ?

The Scots nats seem to think The rump UK would pay the pensions of people in Scotland if they leave the U.K., but the Westminister government has said absolutely not.

Would the Republic honour the pensions of the Northern Irish if reunification is achieved ?

Reunification would come at a huge cost, either to the Republic, or, more than likely, the U.K., or perhaps both.

People may think the cost is worth it, but reunification isn't as simple as doing away with the border, just as Scottish independence isn't as simple as putting up a border.

Cheers.

15 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I don't really want to get into the quagmire of Irish politics, and I'm really ambivalent wether Ireland is unified or not, but I've a couple of observations.

Northern Ireland, much like Scotland, has a huge proportion of the working population on the government payroll, public services jobs.

Would the Republic be able to absorb these jobs if reunification occurred ?

The Scots nats seem to think The rump UK would pay the pensions of people in Scotland if they leave the U.K., but the Westminister government has said absolutely not.

Would the Republic honour the pensions of the Northern Irish if reunification is achieved ?

Reunification would come at a huge cost, either to the Republic, or, more than likely, the U.K., or perhaps both.

People may think the cost is worth it, but reunification isn't as simple as doing away with the border, just as Scottish independence isn't as simple as putting up a border.

Cheers.

If we vote out it should be out imo,on our own then charts,I want a united Ireland but I don't think the brit gov will let it happen,something will stop it.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Francie said:

If we vote out it should be out imo,on our own then charts,I want a united Ireland but I don't think the brit gov will let it happen,something will stop it.

I think you can add that the Dail don’t want it either mate because they can’t afford it.

Then it would be the transition of every day things like cars, healthcare (it’s private here), having to hire a rubbish contractor to empty your bins or doing it yourself every week…..add to that you are almost as British as it gets up there, it would be easier to absorb London than it would Belfast ! Lol 

1 hour ago, WILF said:

I think you can add that the Dail don’t want it either mate because they can’t afford it.

I tend to agree with that, I think it's what is called "Real Politik"; tell the people what they want to here, but in private do everything you can to prevent it !

It would be vastly expensive for the Republic to assimilate Northern Ireland, not to mention the unrest it would cause with the Unionists !

Same with Scotland, wee Jimmy Kranky has to keep the Independence cause in the news so she can demand more and more money, concessions and devolved laws from Westminster.

Shed shit herself if Boris said " let's have a referendum tomorrow" !

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, paul sr said:

The irish Republic owes 240 billion and 65 billion of that is for the Bank bailout.    That is a crazy amount for the size of the country 

Did they not pay the bulk of it back couple of years ago,what the f**k an were the f**k did that 240 billion go?lol scandalous

7 hours ago, Francie said:

I don't like none of them wilf,but the shinners have cosied up to British rule,they support the ruc an tell you to phone them with information,the guy I was chatting too a few times delargy just got elected here in foyle.

The shinners are sitting us on a path to globalism,Ireland will be f****d I no time.

I want a united Ireland,with catholics an protestants,but no doubt there will be elements against it.

How come protestants in the republic call themselves Irish?

If an when it happens then I'm guessing there will be a all Ireland police force,an anyone playing up will be arrested,how ironic will that be.

There's also protestants in Ireland who refer to themselves as western Brits , and protestants in Northern Ireland who call themselves Irish and believe it or not there's also Catholics who refer to themselves as British ?..