Silver bullet line

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, I remember,...several different dogs tried to stop the fecker,.. (some exceptionally fast jukels),.. but none could put that essential turn in....and seal the deal? I do believe, a well plac

Don't say that name 3 X ffs....

Yes, I would agree with that statement..? Facts are, the bitch in that photo, actually hit the rabbit with her jaw, and quickly juggled the Coney,.. back into her mouth.. It is not the perfe

Posted Images

I belive they must have been pedigree as they was very type like. Strong coursing type and very good looking dogs. Back then we didn't even think about paperwork,  for dogs or racing pigeons , it was your best back to the best in your area. Pedigrees and paperwork have spoilt alot in my humble opinion. The Silver bullets I knew where only silver brindle or blue , no other colour that I see. We used them across our lurchers ( mainly collie x ). They had great staying power as this area had good Hares ( plains etc ) Our own dogs where used for everything from rats upwards including feathers but mostly for the lamp or ferreting. Today my dogs are the same, just ferreting,  lampers , but most of all moochers.  I'll have to try to dig out a picture or 2 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Difficult Hares on The Plains...

Awkward old place to stop them with any regularity...?

_MG_6130.JPG

If you remember phil there was a particular spot that the rabbits were hard to catch …

• Like 1
On 09/05/2022 at 10:53, socks said:

If you remember phil there was a particular spot that the rabbits were hard to catch …

Yes, I remember,...several different dogs tried to stop the fecker,.. (some exceptionally fast jukels),.. but none could put that essential turn in....and seal the deal?

I do believe, a well placed net ,..put paid to that difficult customer,....bit of a cheat admittedly,... but it had to be done...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 10
1 hour ago, OldPhil said:

Yes, I remember,...several different dogs tried to stop the fecker,.. (some exceptionally fast jukels),.. but none could put that essential turn in....and seal the deal?

I do believe, a well placed net ,..put paid to that difficult customer,....bit of a cheat admittedly,... but it had to be done...?

_DSC0205.jpg

I do admire the great photographers, a skill i cannot seem to own. That's a lovely capture, recon just move that bunnie forward about 6 inches to reveal the dogs snout, which would bring her eye focus to what we expect to see and it'd be picture perfect which is different to perfect capture.

• Like 2

Yes, I would agree with that statement..?

Facts are, the bitch in that photo, actually hit the rabbit with her jaw, and quickly juggled the Coney,.. back into her mouth..

It is not the perfect image,. but it reminds me of a good lurcher,... and of equally good times...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 9
39 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Yes, I would agree with that statement..?

Facts are, the bitch in that photo, actually hit the rabbit with her jaw, and quickly juggled the Coney,.. back into her mouth..

It is not the perfect image,. but it reminds me of a good lurcher,... and of equally good times...?

It always amazed me how many dogs hit rabbits before picking them up, almost knocking them off balance and not deliberately.

Yet other dogs seemed to make the pickup so easy!

• Like 1
On 09/05/2022 at 20:07, levigsp said:

It always amazed me how many dogs hit rabbits before picking them up, almost knocking them off balance and not deliberately.

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 6
19 minutes ago, levigsp said:

agree with that ?. many years ago me and a good friend had 2 litter sisters. collie, deerhound and grew bred. mine would make hard work of picking up. she hit rabbits and at times seemed to throw herself at them, but was a decent dog. his was the most natural catch dog I have seen. just seemed to pick them up without breaking stride, talk about chalk and cheese,. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, OldPhil said:

_DSC0205.jpg

It did that fecker had made a fool of us and the dogs to many times ?

• Haha 1