Shooting show

Well I’ve just got in from the show, no where near as much there as normal, but me, mosh and longshanx still had a good day out, met up with Robin ( foxer) and Dewayne ( wash wildfowlers ) and got a couple of quality shooting invites for the up coming season and after combining, didn’t really see anything that I wanted apart from a fox target that I’ve looked at a few times, so thought sod it and had a haggle and bought it ?

EE414D8B-3230-4F51-B254-B397FA468C97.jpeg

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Stavross said:

Well I’ve just got in from the show, no where near as much there as normal, but me, mosh and longshanx still had a good day out, met up with Robin ( foxer) and Dewayne ( wash wildfowlers ) and got a couple of quality shooting invites for the up coming season and after combining, didn’t really see anything that I wanted apart from a fox target that I’ve looked at a few times, so thought sod it and had a haggle and bought it ?

Did you rob a bank on way down stav, I nearly fell over when I saw the price on them?

got to agree it was crap this year compared to years ago.. was still a good day out, lad came home with a new toy and met up with a few mates?

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, si brown said:

Did you rob a bank on way down stav, I nearly fell over when I saw the price on them?

got to agree it was crap this year compared to years ago.. was still a good day out, lad came home with a new toy and met up with a few mates?

? oh, it wasn’t cheap, but sometimes when I’m let out on my own I get a bit giddy and go mental ?

did you see the life size red stag, almost a grand ? you would of needed a forklift to move it

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Stavross said:

? oh, it wasn’t cheap, but sometimes when I’m let out on my own I get a bit giddy and go mental ?

did you see the life size red stag, almost a grand ? you would of needed a forklift to move it

Be a handy thing to have for some long range practice? Wouldn’t want to fight the bloke who could run off with it, they were serous lumps of steel?

that stag would of filled me front garden, it’d look good in it as it’s left o natural for the bees and to piss me neighbour off?

• Haha 2
16 hours ago, Stavross said:

I have one of those and my rich mate has two. We set them out usually at one hundred yard intervals so that we can set rifles up tp point and shoot out to 300+ yards. They are expensive, but quality usually is and these are quality. I use road marking paint on mine because it dries really quick. The body is a sort of yellow and the kill zone is white. They save you loads of backwards and forwardsing because you can clearly see and hear the bullet strike. Sometimes i will take the grandson and let him loose shooting at it with something, he particularly likes to shoot the Ruger Precision HMR at it.?  It's also cheap enough to let him shoot a box full.

Yep a good buy there Stav! you will have a lot of fun with that. 

1 hour ago, ianm said:

I have one of those and my rich mate has two. We set them out usually at one hundred yard intervals so that we can set rifles up tp point and shoot out to 300+ yards. They are expensive, but quality usually is and these are quality. I use road marking paint on mine because it dries really quick. The body is a sort of yellow and the kill zone is white. They save you loads of backwards and forwardsing because you can clearly see and hear the bullet strike. Sometimes i will take the grandson and let him loose shooting at it with something, he particularly likes to shoot the Ruger Precision HMR at it.?  It's also cheap enough to let him shoot a box full.

Yep a good buy there Stav! you will have a lot of fun with that. 

I’ve got a tin of line marker in white for the kill zone and I’ve just found a tin of orange for the body, obviously because it’s a fox ?

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, ianm said:

I have one of those and my rich mate has two. We set them out usually at one hundred yard intervals so that we can set rifles up tp point and shoot out to 300+ yards.

Be cheaper to walk backwards 100-200yds mate!! ??