22 rimefire bullets

3 hours ago, ianm said:

There is blatantly a lot of profiteering going on. I bought these last week from my local RFD for 60 pounds a thousand.

02E39D0B-AA4F-4FE4-9517-CAB608F957D2.jpeg

Agreed, I bought some federal small rifle primers last week at £60/1000 and they’d gone up from £46 previously, yet other shops are at £90-£100/1000 so something isn’t quite right ?

On 05/05/2022 at 20:54, The one said:

I just bought 50 22 rime fire bullets and was charged £7'75  they came down that much the last box was £10 odds ?

Which ones????  Are you reloading rimfire??????  Or was that cartridge??

Mini Mag can be had for £9.00 per 100 and I just bought 50 Velocitors for £9.95.

Doesn't seem that long ago there was a reasonable choice of .22LR ammo at £4 or less per 100, but I guess it was a few years back!

:hmm::thumbs:

On 05/05/2022 at 21:46, Sausagedog said:

Just The one box The one?

Yep I can't see much sense in shooting  a 22 anymore! When it was cheap it was worth putting up with. Now you may as well fork out that bit more for better.

Because i wasnt using it much they cut me from holding 600 bullets and buying 500  to holding 250 so i buy 50 ever other week to fill in the cert and in the long run keep my rimmy 

7 hours ago, Deker said:

Which ones????  Are you reloading rimfire??????  Or was that cartridge??

Mini Mag can be had for £9.00 per 100 and I just bought 50 Velocitors for £9.95.

Doesn't seem that long ago there was a reasonable choice of .22LR ammo at £4 or less per 100, but I guess it was a few years back!

:hmm::thumbs:

Winchester expresses i think the did themselves and was talking to me while i got my change  but i spend plenty there anyway 

Aye gone are the days when i would load up the car and lamp 3/4 farms theres no the rabbits  and the milage would worry me just now , I bought some plastic  plant labels maybe a 2x3 inch square on a 5 inch stem and i want to go out and check the zero  before i lamp a local farm  before the cover starts to go crazy again 

22lr CCI standard 5£/50

CCI 200 LR 63£/1000 it used to be ~42£.

Vihtavuori 1lb/54£ two years ago it were a similar price but for 1kg.

Edited by KimE

CCI’s all seem to have gone up a fair amount. I generally favour European rimfire ammo for consistency though. Bought a few mixed .22’s last week, cost me £42?. The first stingers I’ve bought in years, only bought them to see how they do in the cz 511 semi-auto. As it turns out, it quite likes them, although they shot about three inches higher than subs at 60 yards...

5919B9F8-0B01-4427-AA37-A67031FC447D.jpeg

• Like 1