Voting Tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i’ll be there if you don’t vote your vote goes to whoever has the council now ?

I wouldn't think so, nobody can use your vote unless they are breaking the law.

Whoever gets the most votes, gets the councillor job, same as all voting here, first past the post, no matter what the turnout.

Cheers.

• Like 3

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well that’s done & dusted went into polling booth Labour Conservatives Liberals I don’t think so scrubbed them all out and capital letters Reform UK across it f**k em made me feel better.

Worse still would be a Labour/SNP coalition. Cheers.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Anyone voting in the Council elections tomorrow ?

Im so pissed off with the main parties, I was going to change the habit of a lifetime and not vote.

But I've looked at the candidates in my area and other areas around Newcastle, and there's a new party, Newcastle Independents standing a few candidates, so I'm going to vote for them.

It probably won't make any difference, as my area is mostly old mining communities, and it's the old " me da and me granda voted Labour, so will I " ! 

I know there will be people who say " why bother ? ", but I believe, rightly or wrongly, if you don't use your vote, you shouldn't argue politics, but I respect people choosing not to vote.

Cheers.

Good for you mate, an example to everyone ?

Tomorrow could be the biggest day in Northern Irish voting history .. 

I reckon we'll get the biggest turn out of voters we've had in years .

Will we get a nationalist first minister or will the DUP remain or are we going to see another party in ... it sure is getting people fired up and wanting to get out voting 

3 hours ago, chartpolski said:

It probably won't make any difference, as my area is mostly old mining communities, and it's the old " me da and me granda voted Labour, so will I " ! 

That's everyone I know in sunderland "me father, his father, and his father before him voted Labour, good enough for them good enough for me" 

Screenshot_20220504_180728.jpg

50 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i always thought conservatives are in now so if i don’t vote in the national election they automatically get my vote ?

When you turn up at a polling station to vote, they find your name on the list and give you a ballot paper then cross your name off, so you can't vote more than once.

At the close of day, there will be many names not crossed off, people who didn't turn up to vote.

A corrupt official could use these names to fill in ballot papers of the candidate they want to win, but it's highly illegal and carries severe penalties.

Some people don't want to vote for anyone on the ballot, so turn up, have their names crossed off then "spoil" their ballot papers, so no one else can use them.

This is why at the count, they tell you the total amount of votes, the number of votes for every candidate, and the number of "spoilt" ballot papers.

Also, on polling day, there is no government and no M.P.s, as Parliament had been prorogued, (dissolution) until after the count. Then the candidate with the most votes becomes an M.P. and the party with the most M.P.s is invited by the queen to form a government.

If, in some extremely outlandish situation NO ONE in the country voted, there would be a constitutional crisis, as there would be no government, and I think it would then be up to the queen to invite, probably the last Prime Minister to form a government, but of course that would never happen.

At least that's my understanding of it, but I haven't exhaustively studied Erskine May ! ?? !

Cheers.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

When you turn up at a polling station to vote, they find your name on the list and give you a ballot paper then cross your name off, so you can't vote more than once.

At the close of day, there will be many names not crossed off, people who didn't turn up to vote.

A corrupt official could use these names to fill in ballot papers of the candidate they want to win, but it's highly illegal and carries severe penalties.

Some people don't want to vote for anyone on the ballot, so turn up, have their names crossed off then "spoil" their ballot papers, so no one else can use them.

This is why at the count, they tell you the total amount of votes, the number of votes for every candidate, and the number of "spoilt" ballot papers.

Also, on polling day, there is no government and no M.P.s, as Parliament had been prorogued, (dissolution) until after the count. Then the candidate with the most votes becomes an M.P. and the party with the most M.P.s is invited by the queen to form a government.

If, in some extremely outlandish situation NO ONE in the country voted, there would be a constitutional crisis, as there would be no government, and I think it would then be up to the queen to invite, probably the last Prime Minister to form a government, but of course that would never happen.

At least that's my understanding of it, but I haven't exhaustively studied Erskine May ! ?? !

Cheers.

i knew i could count on you to keep me right chart ? ?

• Haha 1

I shan’t be waisting my time voting.complete waist of my time none of them do what they pledge to do all they care about is getting there seat/place an pay packet so they can lie and under handing us the general public working class by extracting more money out of us in some way we fall for it every time there’s voting we think there going to make a difference to our lives for the better but sadly it never happens 

• Like 1

Well that’s done & dusted went into polling booth Labour Conservatives Liberals I don’t think so scrubbed them all out and capital letters Reform UK across it f**k em made me feel better.

• Like 6
On 04/05/2022 at 23:48, mC HULL said:

i knew i could count on you to keep me right chart ? ?

Just to keep you up to date, mate.

Hull now has a Lib/dem controlled council. Labour lost three seats, losing overall control.

Sadly, my prediction about Newcastle was correct, we still have a Labour controlled council, but at least they did lose one seat.

Cheers.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Just to keep you up to date, mate.

Hull now has a Lib/dem controlled council. Labour lost three seats, losing overall control.

Sadly, my prediction about Newcastle was correct, we still have a Labour controlled council, but at least they did lose one seat.

Cheers.

got to be better than labour getting it mate