6 minutes ago, neil82 said:

basic maths, 0.66 per litre, 5.28ml for 8 litres, use a syringe from your vet to measure small quantities

Maybe is basic maths to a normal person but I suffer badly with Dyscalculia and have done for 40 years. Which is a pain in the ass with things like this ?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

1000 litres divided by 8 is 125 so you can fill your pump 125 times with 1000 litres of water so divide your 660ml by 8 which gives you 82ml per 8ltr pump full of water.

Sorry you need to divide 660 by 125 so as Neil said 5.28ml per pump full.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Davydunny said:

Maybe is basic maths to a normal person but I suffer badly with Dyscalculia and have done for 40 years. Which is a pain in the ass with things like this ?

I'm a thick fecker too where maths is concerned. Words I'm OK with, numbers I struggle. I think if you miss out on schooling you can catch up by reading. It hard to do that with Maths.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1

Maths is a constant universal subject 

it’s one of the few non changing aspects of life as we March towards skynet technology 

if you have children , it’s definitely worth leaning into them with added maths etc at school as whilst everyone thinks they are good at maths , in reality the vast majority aren’t . 

maths underpins such a plethora of career streams in finance , computing , accounting , sales the list is endless that in order to give your child the best grounding , focus on those numbers . 

im forty years old and recently did 4 months of pure maths from A level to degree standard , I genuinely rate finishing that as one of my best accomplishments in life . It was f***ing sickening thinking how if someone had told me at 16 to do that , I’d have had a very different life trajectory. 

all by putting numbers in front of each other the right way round . 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

it’s one of the few non changing aspects of life as we March towards skynet technology 

if you have children , it’s definitely worth leaning into them with added maths etc at school as whilst everyone thinks they are good at maths , in reality the vast majority aren’t . 

maths underpins such a plethora of career streams in finance , computing , accounting , sales the list is endless that in order to give your child the best grounding , focus on those numbers . 

im forty years old and recently did 4 months of pure maths from A level to degree standard , I genuinely rate finishing that as one of my best accomplishments in life . It was f***ing sickening thinking how if someone had told me at 16 to do that , I’d have had a very different life trajectory. 

Im dreadfull at maths always have been . I use a calculator for even the sinplest thing. Its like i go blank when im trying to work it out . Mrs is great at maths and my boys got a real knack for it . Maybe i should get back to learning maths a bit . Pain in the arse working materials for work out and im constantly looking at a calculator and scribbled numbers 

3 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Im dreadfull at maths always have been . I use a calculator for even the sinplest thing. Its like i go blank when im trying to work it out . Mrs is great at maths and my boys got a real knack for it . Maybe i should get back to learning maths a bit . Pain in the arse working materials for work out and im constantly looking at a calculator and scribbled numbers 

WWW.OPEN.AC.UK

Maths Courses at The Open University. Choose your next Maths Course from our Degrees...

what’s stopping you ??? 

free maths courses online everywhere , apps such as mathpapa etc 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Well done, I've always been decent at maths, + - ÷ x, fractions, percentages, piece of piss. Give me that X=y-a2 squared and I'm fooked ?

Cheers, D.

9 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I agree, my maths is poor outside of basic , I use a few formulas in work for pipefitting/ fabrication etc . Ive spoke to the missus about focusing on maths with the kids , engineering is all maths. My kids are young and probably gonna get some tutoring shortly to boost their confidence and hopefully succeed with success. Good post.

• Thanks 1

My youngest son done a four year apprenticeship in an aircraft company they encouraged him to take on extra maths which he took on and done well at, this then opened the door for the company to send him on an all paid for degree in design engineering in the aerospace industry, he passed that and got a first class degree I’ve seen the calculations on paper and they look like gobbledygook, but maths is central to most good careers and I can only encourage youngsters to learn as much as possible. 

• Like 6