THE PRICE OF CHICKEN

7 hours ago, mC HULL said:

me old lady likes them mate i grab her one every week she’s like @chartpolskiget sandwiches a tea with mushroom and onion. and a curry etc lasts her about 3 days ? 6 quid here 

Aye, us old uns need to make our pensions stretch these days! ??

Cheers.

• Like 2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chicken needs to be priced realistically. For to long it's been seen as a cheap easy food....the nation munching down on quick easy food while millions of chickens spend 6 short weeks sat in there own

Chickens are mass produced in concentration  camps, fed antibiotics routinely, and served up to us a modern, price wonder. They are nothing but a product of our greed and insensitivity to a living cre

The price is set to rise sharply and in the Mail today with what they say were the best Super Market Chickens available , to me that is debatable  and the best Roaster ever were the Gamecocks at twelv

Posted Images

14 hours ago, WILF said:

Plus they will end up at about £10 a bird dead and ready to eat ! 

Probably mate but if your rearing a decent number I’m guessing you can bring the price down per bird if you work out correctly what you need ie feed instead of buying single bags of food at farm store price an buy in per tone plus bulk buying shavings/straw 

18 minutes ago, poxon said:

Probably mate but if your rearing a decent number I’m guessing you can bring the price down per bird if you work out correctly what you need ie feed instead of buying single bags of food at farm store price an buy in per tone plus bulk buying shavings/straw 

No mate, that is the true price of a chicken if you want to rear any amount free range……from chick to table so to speak. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, WILF said:

No mate, that is the true price of a chicken if you want to rear any amount free range……from chick to table so to speak. 

Didn’t know that mate I’ve not sat down an worked it all out cost wise but at £10 for a good quality home reared meat bird that’s had a good life an reared on quality feeds an had some sort of standard of life don’t sound to bad tbh 

1 minute ago, poxon said:

Didn’t know that mate I’ve not sat down an worked it all out cost wise but at £10 for a good quality home reared meat bird that’s had a good life an reared on quality feeds an had some sort of standard of life don’t sound to bad tbh 

I don’t think so either but it’s is a big expense if you eat a lot of chicken none the less mate…..if you only eat 1 or 2 a week it’s not that big a deal.

Chickens are mass produced in concentration  camps, fed antibiotics routinely, and served up to us a modern, price wonder. They are nothing but a product of our greed and insensitivity to a living creature. The next human pandemic may well originate in these stinking hellholes. Bird flu might just be a warning.

Just thought I'd cheer you up gents. Oh and mass produced chicken tastes like sawdust.

• Like 5
26 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Chickens are mass produced in concentration  camps, fed antibiotics routinely, and served up to us a modern, price wonder. They are nothing but a product of our greed and insensitivity to a living creature. The next human pandemic may well originate in these stinking hellholes. Bird flu might just be a warning.

Just thought I'd cheer you up gents. Oh and mass produced chicken tastes like sawdust.

And Thier shit and piss is killing our waterways up and down the country ?

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

And Thier shit and piss is killing our waterways up and down the country ?

I didn't know that.

Why isn't more of it turned into fertiliser ?

I find it better than horse or cow manure.

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I didn't know that.

Cheers.

When i was a kid in the 50s one of my jobs was to take the Chicken Muck to the Estates Head Gardener Mr  Charles he told me Chicken muck  was to hot and had to stand  for two years  and Soot had to stand  for seven , would this have been right Right ?

Just now, micky said:

When i was a kid in the 50s one of my jobs was to take the Chicken Muck to the Estates Head Gardener Mr  Charles he told me Chicken muck  was to hot and had to stand  for two years  and Soot had to stand  for seven , would this have been right Right ?

I think all manure has to "age" to take the acidity out of it.

Ive got horse manure piles, covered in black plastic and I leave it for at least a year, then spread a layer over a bed after the veggies have been lifted, then dig it in during the spring. Seems to work.

I moved one of my hen runs after about five years, and made it into a raised bed. Just turned it over and planted turnips, they turned out great.

Cheers.

21 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I didn't know that.

Cheers.

This is just along the Wye catchment area ?

RIVERACTIONUK.COM

Reports indicate that over 60% of the Wye is facing an ecological crisis. It is widely believed that unless immediate...

Since covid the amount of chicken and human waste entering our rivers is f***ing unbelievable..

• Sad 1
52 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Since covid the amount of chicken and human waste entering our rivers is f***ing unbelievable..

? Mary went down to the river Wye. She pissed till she pissed a great stream. She pissed for an hour and a quarter; Till ye couldn't see Mary for steam! ?