clipping advice

On 01/05/2022 at 08:20, whitefeet4190 said:

I used to strip mine as I was worried about damaging his coat but on half way through the 3rd strip of the summmer I went an brought a pair of clippers, it’s alot quicker and doesn’t make much difference to how the coat grows back 

Don't talk about clipping l clipped my dog few years back. Tried the dog clippers no good. Got the horse clippers out f**k me the poor c**t was bald Once I'd started I had to finish.  Are lass was like wtf you done. I've used your horse clippers love. He's coat came back lovely though 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve made a start on stripping mine tonight using an old hacksaw blade .  He’s been over heating. Still some to come off will have another go next week.    before and after

I've always followed this advice: if it moults, strip it, if it's  a non moulter, like some Beddy types, then clip it. If you clip a dog that should naturally moult, then the fur never grows the same

Shaved tonight,like a lighter version of himself lol

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Don't talk about clipping l clipped my dog few years back. Tried the dog clippers no good. Got the horse clippers out f**k me the poor c**t was bald Once I'd started I had to finish.  Are lass was like wtf you done. I've used your horse clippers love. He's coat came back lovely though 

Fancy tackling my undercarriage 

I’ve made a start on stripping mine tonight using an old hacksaw blade .  He’s been over heating. Still some to come off will have another go next week. 

before and after

8897514F-DAF1-440B-9D0C-CF026BD0724E.jpeg

0261852B-014D-4E58-80D5-2CDDD3B03B47.jpeg

Edited by Samrog
  • Like 5
18 minutes ago, Samrog said:

I’ve made a start on stripping mine tonight using an old hacksaw blade .  He’s been over heating. Still some to come off will have another go next week. 

before and after

Good feet on him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, Samrog said:

before and after

What way is he bred mate and what height please?

I'm a nosey cnut see ??

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

What way is he bred mate and what height please?

I'm a nosey cnut see ??

Hi mate. 24 inch tts. He’s from a long line of beddy whip grey lurchers I  think some saluki in there too. Bit embarrassing maybe but when I bought him as a pup I didn’t ask too many questions about exact breeding.  I knew he was from workers and that’s all I was bothered about. He works well and I like him ??

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Samrog said:

Hi mate. 24 inch tts. He’s from a long line of beddy whip grey lurchers I  think some saluki in there too. Bit embarrassing maybe but when I bought him as a pup I didn’t ask too many questions about exact breeding.  I knew he was from workers and that’s all I was bothered about. He works well and I like him ??

I like him too?....be nice over my bitch maybe,in a few seasons ?DSC_1699.JPG.c2d35913c80801f7628aefbe2531d051.JPGDSC_0936.JPG.310f5ba3038d66fede380e9f08f2f0a8.JPG

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Heat is one of the biggest downfalls of the sigthound and anything you can do to reduce its impact is positive.

just get a proper dog that’s fit ? had the 2 pups today got one from a dyke about 2 and mins until they lost it sandy spinning it trying it on the grass tracks easing following on the hard drill had it out the peas field a few times did well to be fair i thought i was in spain until i realised galgos can’t run like that ? ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

just get a proper dog that’s fit ? had the 2 pups today got one from a dyke about 2 and mins until they lost it sandy spinning it trying it on the grass tracks easing following on the hard drill had it out the peas field a few times did well to be fair i thought i was in spain until i realised galgos can’t run like that ? ?

On the dust 

On 29/04/2022 at 15:02, fred90 said:

asking for help here. I have had beddywhippets for over 30 years and never bothered about clipping. this bitch just coming up to 5 years old has a really thick rough coat, great in winter but even the slightest heat really gets to her. what do you think about clipping, good or bad?... ps I don't give a monkeys trumpet about looks, it's purely got to benefit the dog. 

Used to do this for a living many years ago.

If you have the time and inclination hand stripping is best..., but in reality (if in a shop) unless it’s a small terrier the clippers come out.

Hand shears produce a more silky coat over time and in some breeds for example a west white highland terrier causes more knotting of the coat.

Go with the flow of the coat.

Feet.....pull the hair up through the top of the toes...cut parallel to the toes. Bend the foot up so the pads are sky upwards, again pull hair through the pads facing you, cut with blade flat above pads.

Edited by Shortstraw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1