Snooker World Championship.

Seem to remember Willie Thorn and Gary Lineker being big pals......Lineker was a good snooker player by all accounts regular 100 breaks etc.....regards Ronnie O Sullivan i dont think there can be any dispute he's the best player in history....lives near me he's a dislikeable little shit been in the same company a number of times and just cant take to him.

As for breaks i think my best ever was mid 40's....years ago we used to go to an all night snooker hall in Bermondsey it would be full of Chinese taxi drivers betting for good money it was a cracking atmosphere in there i loved it but Pool was my game ive been the best on nearly every wing ive been on over the years ☺️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

O'Sullivan has singly handedly kept snooker in the public eye for years. Barry Hearn knows that, and that's why O'Sullivan gets away with what he does, no other player could bully the refs the wa

Just watched the first session of the semi-final between O'Sullivan and Higgins. O'Sullivan has been slow to get into his stride in the competition  up to now, and started the same here against H

Was regularly knocking up 30/40s in 87 when snooker room orderly in HMP Sudbury ?.....tables where kept in championship condition......as a side issue, one of my snooker opponents in there was visited

4 minutes ago, McVey said:

One thing with me that I can't get my head around, I hate straight shots, I would take a shot off centre every time if given the option.

Good test of the cue action the long straight red.

My struggle is purely with the size and pace difference of a snooker table compared to a pool it probably depends what you start off with and i started off playing pool before snooker.....im told more snooker players make good pool players than vice versa so makes sense i suppose.

Does anyone ever go to watch Snooker ?......The Crucible being an iconic sporting venue im always saying i'd like to go one year but im not sure how well i could do that sitting still and quiet for hours on end.

Trump is different animal this afternoon and as much as Ronnie always bangs on about not being bothered if he wins or loses, I think the pressure is getting to him, this might be a good final after all, all to play for in the evening session 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, McVey said:

He was a big gambler Willie, I think it's disgusting how the BBC barely mentioned his death a couple of years ago, he was a charming fella and a great commentator, he knocked 147's in for fun on the practice table.

A few years ago I used to go to my local club just about every day for a few weeks and ended up playing on the next table to an old pro called Barry West, watching him play was something else, he was supping a gallon as well.

Yes pal he was ,sad that he was living in a flat over a shop when he died ,skint ....... fantastic on the 147s as you say...... the lad he came to visit was  a face at Hall Green dogs back then and if a certain trainer was "stopping"a fancied dog and going with his other,Willie would be tipped off and come down to lump on ?....if it won it was then champagne and nightclubs in Birmingham all night... good old days ?

• Like 2
Just now, FOXHUNTER said:

7 behind now 3 behind ......what is Ronnie doing ffs.

Trump getting run of the balls and that last fluke my God.

Interesting session tonight 

I was all set to go out tonight but sod the foxes they can wait, I’d like to see it go to the wire

• Like 2

Always makes me wonder if theres any secret overnight conversations go on in a game like this,lets face it if there is no evening session the " event " loses bundles of dough.....lets hope not for sports sake.

9 hours ago, McVey said:

To the lads who have enjoyed the odd knock, what's your highest break? 

Mine is in the 40's, had a few in the 30's.

I ain’t bad on a pool table. But never got enough time to play snooker totally diffrent game which I soon learned when I got hustled out of £20 as a 18 year old ? 

• Haha 1