A real bruiser of a dog.

1 hour ago, levigsp said:

I detest two animals wolves and baboons and both for exactly the same reason.

I understand most people wont get it and I was the same and found them interesting to say the least.

But the day you have your own loved dogs torn apart by either of them you will understand.

I dislike most predators as during my lifetime I have had multitudes of my animals killed by them from my pet cavies to dogs and ferret to turkeys and even my fish collection.

I admire most and have had many as pets etc, but I do not like most with the exception of one or two like weasels and skunks.

Only thing I dispise is Dog thieves and  Earwigs ?

• Like 3

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best guard, protection dog I've owned, a pit/Am bulldog, not pretty and no bluff in her as she proved many times. Sadly had to PTS last week at nearly 13. R.I.P Hurley. She protected all the family an

i find that very odd for somebody that has hunted all over the world and in many different ways ... now whilst i have never had any dealings with wolves and as a man who loves dogs....and lurcher

I detest two animals wolves and baboons and both for exactly the same reason. I understand most people wont get it and I was the same and found them interesting to say the least. But the day

Posted Images

12 hours ago, levigsp said:

Not legally. Iñ slovskia, ukraine, Belarus its common to hunt them with kangal and kuvac lurchers.

I read some old old transcripts, well I had 2 translate them from b*****d Latin, others were in a strange very old French dialect, but the were about hunting wolves in various countries including UK, I found it fascinating 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, levigsp said:

Sorry, had to laugh as post was started with a photo of a half cross.

Ah, didn't see the pic, its vanished ? I know there's a huge disparity in size in wolf types, from timber to Indian, I just imagined a beefy deerhound/bull/greyhound type og dog to deal with European wolves. 

1 minute ago, McVey said:

Have you seen some of the monster wolves in Europe, a deerhound/bull/greyhound would be very capable, wolf food. ,?

Yup, I think some of the timber wolves here would dwarf them however, even the coy wolves here eat dogs. 

3 minutes ago, McVey said:

Not too sure mate, obviously the further east the bigger they get.

There was a vid in what I believe is Russia of these pair of Wolves, one killing a big dog, blokes were filming it from car.

We should be thankful the dire wolf is extinct ?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Thefieldsaredark said:

Does everyone take a gun when they go snooping around

I was just jesting about bud,,,, but that would depend on if the snoopers have done any homework before snooping would it not?? :hmm: :laugh:...

But lets not talk anything up and hope your dog and yard stay safe mate..:victory:

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Only thing I dispise is Dog thieves and  Earwigs ?

Earwigs and silverfish, the only things that makes me react like "normal" people do when they come across a rat or a spider etc. ie, like a soft shite. They totally give me the creeps. I guess most of us have our Achilles' heel ?

Edited by eastcoast
2 hours ago, eastcoast said:

Earwigs and silverfish, the only things that makes me react like "normal" people do when they come across a rat or a spider etc. ie, like a soft shite. They totally give me the creeps. I guess most of us have our Achilles' heel ?

Pigs, the pink ones, look into their eyes, they are thinking ?

2 hours ago, eastcoast said:

Remember watching star trek as a kid...the wrath of khan? When they put that thing in the guys helmet and it goes in his ears and eats his brain? never liked Earwigs since?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
On 27/04/2022 at 19:34, mC HULL said:

i thought they crop them because cold countrys etc the get frostbite 

Dogs ears are cropped for same reason game fowl have wattles and comb cut away ,to stop something grabbing hold of it and ripping it off .

• Like 2