Terrier Jacking

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There’s more chance of me hitting the moon with a splash fart than you walking forty mile on a night lamping princess 

Keep him above ground and use the summer to get to know the dog and him to know you. 

very suspicious is this one.

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Oshea said:

Now then I was given a lovely white Lakeland by a friend of a friend. 17 months, solid build and all round lovely dog. Claimed to of have worked him, and was given a long history about his performance under ground.

I did question myself whether he’d been brought him on too soon but thought better  not say anything and see how he does. Now I’ve been brining him on very slowly and be honest with you develop a good bind, but noticed some days he craps himself when you approached him, like he’s had a bloody good hiding by someone in the past. I eventually worked him to ground in a well known and shallow earth. He shot down and after a this started to bay, he moved about a bit and after a squeal emerged and was happy to go back in but reluctant to get stuck into the job in hand. Eventually a good friend of mine and great terrier man put his bitch in who held up and we cracked on. I rewarded and reassured the Lakeland and ensured he came away feeing somewhat victorious.

Can Someone  please give me some insight into moving forward from here? I’m a patient man and always willing to give a dog a chance, how would you handle the issue and being his courage back on. 

A few easy wins

at 17 month in April , he was too young last season , 

youd think he’s only had one winter.

the dog isn’t much more than a pup in my eyes

but perhaps my standards are lower than some 

ATB with the dog mate

Edited by TonyT
Can’t spell
  • Like 5
22 minutes ago, TonyT said:

A few easy wins

at 17 month in April , he was too young last season , 

youd think he’s only had one winter.

the dog isn’t much more than a pup in my eyes

but perhaps my standards are lower than some 

ATB with the dog mate

ATB? 

And what do you mean by a few easy wins? 

I’m sorry for the questions, only intentions are what’s best for the dogs. 

would appreciate your approach.  

1 hour ago, Oshea said:

ATB? 

And what do you mean by a few easy wins? 

I’m sorry for the questions, only intentions are what’s best for the dogs. 

would appreciate your approach.  

Don't go down this road with easy wins this will be interesting let's see what these OAPs have to say. Specially a hand full you know who you are were waiting for it come on guys. Lol

1 hour ago, Countryman62 said:

Agree, brings up too many red flags what he’s posting 

Dur dur dur dur wa wa look behind youuuuu haha f***ing class. Red lorry yellow lorry ? why not a blue flag or purple flag. Its a RED FLAG. The mans asking for help abit of knowledge ffs. You've got more chance hitting the moon with a splash fart than many on here pal wantin to help ? 

1 hour ago, Bangersanmash said:

Dur dur dur dur wa wa look behind youuuuu haha f***ing class. Red lorry yellow lorry ? why not a blue flag or purple flag. Its a RED FLAG. The mans asking for help abit of knowledge ffs. You've got more chance hitting the moon with a splash fart than many on here pal wantin to help ? 

Your probably O’Shea’s cracking terrierman, that’s why he came on here to ask his stupid questions, atb

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, Countryman62 said:

Your probably O’Shea’s cracking terrierman, that’s why he came on here to ask his stupid questions, atb

Stupid questions? What about stupid responses, I’m a young and enthusiast lad who’s having a go with his own terriers. Circumstances have meant I was given a ‘partly used’ terrier which I don’t know much about and on his first actual afternoon out with me, he jacked. I came to this page for some insight to whether anyone else in a similar situation has had success re introducing a dog after a bad experience, and in return all you could highlight was ‘red flags’ when in fact you should acknowledge the fact that somebody is keen and willing to invest time and good intention into a dog - That to me wouldn’t be a red flag, but a breath of fresh air. You had an opportunity to pass on some knowledge and hopefully help someone out, yet instead acted like a d*ick-head. 

Never mind mate, won’t be using this platform again. I’ll stick to finding answers from the books.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
26 minutes ago, Oshea said:

Stupid questions? What about stupid responses, I’m a young and enthusiast lad who’s having a go with his own terriers. Circumstances have meant I was given a ‘partly used’ terrier which I don’t know much about and on his first actual afternoon out with me, he jacked. I came to this page for some insight to whether anyone else in a similar situation has had success re introducing a dog after a bad experience, and in return all you could highlight was ‘red flags’ when in fact you should acknowledge the fact that somebody is keen and willing to invest time and good intention into a dog - That to me wouldn’t be a red flag, but a breath of fresh air. You had an opportunity to pass on some knowledge and hopefully help someone out, yet instead acted like a d*ick-head. 

Never mind mate, won’t be using this platform again. I’ll stick to finding answers from the books.

In op when you mentioned he got a smack but went back in? Did he stay and bay or never went to it again? 

3 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

In op when you mentioned he got a smack but went back in? Did he stay and bay or never went to it again? 

There must have been some miss understanding. As regards to being smacked I said he can incredibly timid like as if he’d been told off badly in the past. If you walk up to him too quickly he’ll sh*t himself.

as regards to working him, he went to ground, bayed a bit, had a tussle and cam back out. Always eager to go back in, but didn’t bay as if he kept a distance. I just wanted some insight that’s all, no arguing 

35 minutes ago, baker boy said:

I made a suggestion the post after your 1st post but you seem to have ignored it

Hadn’t ignored it and really appreciate your response. Time off and see how he goes, slow and steady but I won’t have any massive expectations.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

There’s more chance of me hitting the moon with a splash fart than you walking forty mile on a night lamping princess 

• Haha 7