Pups things they get up too

I’ve had pups destroy the house if we have gone out for a couple of hours as a family the funniest I’ve had is a pup eat it’s way through the side of the sofa an when coming home the pup be in the sofa fast asleep my misses hit the roof I laugh at stuff like that my misses thinks I’ve a screw loose I just tell her you can’t correct a pup if the damage as already been done it’s to late you can only correct if you catch them doing the damage I just say stuff like I didn’t like that sofa anyway it’s all materialistic stuff anyway I’ve always ended up with dogs that are respectful to materialistic stuff in the house in the end it’s just that puppy phase we’re they want to play,bite,chew I think pups destroying stuff is all part of the parcel of bringing a pup on 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

Lost a pair of Adidas Sambas last weekend...my own fault for not putting them away? day later same pup chewed my lads air max ?...unless you catch them at it..no amount of correcting after the event will sort it?

Exactly mate a pup lives in the here and now it has no concept of being chastised for something it did hours ago. 

• Like 2

It still amazes me how few pet owners have grasped that concept. You see so many people with a snarly snappy little lap-dog and all the while you're walking past they're asking it to be quiet but, because the dogs doesn't understand the words, all it hears is their voice which sounds to them like, "That's it, you tell 'em." Then when you've gone past and the dog has completely forgotten about you and the whole incident, they start verbally bollocking it and the dog's thinking, 'what have I done now?'?

1 hour ago, poxon said:

I’ve had pups destroy the house if we have gone out for a couple of hours as a family the funniest I’ve had is a pup eat it’s way through the side of the sofa an when coming home the pup be in the sofa fast asleep my misses hit the roof I laugh at stuff like that my misses thinks I’ve a screw loose I just tell her you can’t correct a pup if the damage as already been done it’s to late you can only correct if you catch them doing the damage I just say stuff like I didn’t like that sofa anyway it’s all materialistic stuff anyway I’ve always ended up with dogs that are respectful to materialistic stuff in the house in the end it’s just that puppy phase we’re they want to play,bite,chew I think pups destroying stuff is all part of the parcel of bringing a pup on 

100 percent mate ? 

• Like 1

Mines 8 month now and we came home this morning to the living room looking like a wood chipper had had a few trees through it. The little w@nker had pulled all the logs out if the basket next to the burner and sat on every cushion on the sofa chewing em then in the rug the chair even on the fecking TV stand 

Crikey, I thought my eight month old kelpie bitch was playing up a bit as she twice pinched my wife's boot into the living room for a play. She's an angel compared to these stories.?

Touch wood.