Hello to you all,

I'm not new to shooting as I started young but wasted too many of my adult years having time off from it. Now I'm getting back into it as my hobby and I see moving into hunting as the next development of that.

As such, at first I'll be looking and asking and learning more than imparting much knowledge and experience of my own but this looks a great place to be at. :thumbs:

Cheers all

2 hours ago, j j m said:

welcome to the forum bud

Thank you. :thumbs:

One thing I'm hoping to learn is how to stop buying more rifles having just done it again today. ? I'm currently still sub-12 ft/lb but if/when the day dawns when I'm in FAC/SGC territory I'll have to be more restrained!

On 23/04/2022 at 13:12, Ronlogan said:

Thank you. :thumbs:

One thing I'm hoping to learn is how to stop buying more rifles having just done it again today. ? I'm currently still sub-12 ft/lb but if/when the day dawns when I'm in FAC/SGC territory I'll have to be more restrained!

Take a look on Holts auction site , plenty of rifles etc on there ; i've found some great bargains . I think their next auction is in July.

• Like 1

That's cruel @Rowan. The poor lad has just said that he wants to learn how to stop buying rifles and you suggest a good site where he can get more.

He's obviously a recovering compulsive gun freak.....and you encourage him.

I bet you stop outside AA meetings and offer the members a lift down to the local liquor store......?

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 24/04/2022 at 19:03, PhilH said:

That's cruel @Rowan. The poor lad has just said that he wants to learn how to stop buying rifles and you suggest a good site where he can get more.

He's obviously a recovering compulsive gun freak.....and you encourage him.

I bet you stop outside AA meetings and offer the members a lift down to the local liquor store......?

Cheers

Phil

? Yes, I really need no further third party encouragement! I've gone and bought another since that first post where I'm somewhat lamenting doing it again. No hope for some people. ?‍♂️

Edited by Ronlogan
Typo
On 26/04/2022 at 03:15, Aussie Whip said:

Once you start hunting you may ditch the guns and get dogs ?.

Not unless my domestic arrangements change significantly. As much as I like dogs, I've no room for them or the time to give them that they need. Got room for a gun cabinet, though! :thumbs:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ronlogan said:

Not unless my domestic arrangements change significantly. As much as I like dogs, I've no room for them or the time to give them that they need. Got room for a gun cabinet, though! :thumbs:

They're a lot cheaper to keep. I had dogs then when old enough got guns but found shooting a bit boring and not sporting so went back to dogs.