18 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Farmers are also partly to blame for staffing difficulties. Farmers do in many cases live on another planet, if I'd of had decent bosses paying what I knew they could afford I'd probably still be milking cows, at least part time.....i know a lot of other lads who left the industry for the same reason. When you eat your dinner while driving a tractor or expected to interrupt your food 4 times to keep checking on a calving cow.....then see your wage has been docked an hours dinner break! 

I know lots of farmers, many good friends, but non understand managing people 

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong BUT, in other industries if a company didn’t embrace the emerging and dominant management methodologies of the time to remain competitive then they’d either go bust or just keep their heads afloat until they eventually folded with the owners retiring.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterdays eggs from my hens and ducks; A few days of sun has even got the little call duck laying ? Cheers.

I usually have plenty of spare eggs, I give some to my neighbor, who happens to own a heating business and sees to any central heating problems I may have, F.O.C. I give eggs to my brother, he gi

The supermarkets,are a major cause of animal cruelty imo. Animals and birds are pushed to ever more limits to improve profitability.As soon as their efficiency drops below the required standard they a

Posted Images

On 29/04/2022 at 11:03, Born Hunter said:

What I don’t understand is if it’s so simple as supermarkets doing whatever they want why farmers aren’t cooperatively striking? NFU? If supermarkets can’t get eggs at the price they want then they’ll pay more surely? Naive view sure, but I’d like to hear why.

If farmers are really going bust at current prices then the supply will collapse and the prices will have to go up to bolster it anyway.

Ive got mates in farming and we’ve all listened to how farming is f****d for decades. But they’re all still managing skiiing holidays and new discos/RRs… even the non land owning lads still afford new hiluxs.

Bit hard to swallow at face value tbh.

Thats commie talk. Shame on you.? Bumped into a friend. He's a dairy farmer..state of the art. Buys all the latest technology.

He says he's getting good money for milk because there's a shortage of the stuff. Lots of small dairy farmers have been forced out, so its a sellers market for those left in the industry.

29 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Thats commie talk. Shame on you.? Bumped into a friend. He's a dairy farmer..state of the art. Buys all the latest technology.

He says he's getting good money for milk because there's a shortage of the stuff. Lots of small dairy farmers have been forced out, so its a sellers market for those left in the industry.

So you might say the free market righted itself :whistling:

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

So you might say the free market righted itself :whistling:

Trouble is when everything is controlled by AI,  and drones and robots have taken over, how do the billions of little people get their money? The one thing we do well as a species is breed. But there will be very little need for workers or soldiers or any little people in the future. I forsee lots of hungry, discontented people, and the multi nationals sitting pretty whilst pulling the strings of  corrupt politicians.

10 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Trouble is when everything is controlled by AI,  and drones and robots have taken over, how do the billions of little people get their money? The one thing we do well as a species is breed. But there will be very little need for workers or soldiers or any little people in the future. I forsee lots of hungry, discontented people, and the multi nationals sitting pretty whilst pulling the strings of  corrupt politicians.

Our machine overlords will send us back down pit. Your mob will be living the dream again!

• Haha 1

I don't see the rise of I.A. making people redundant.

I prefer to see it as raising skill levels considerably.

Who will design them ?

Who will build them ? 

Who will write the programmes ?

Who will service them ?

Humans.......

It may just make people raise there game, get better educated, aim higher.

But who really knows ?

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Our machine overlords will send us back down pit. Your mob will be living the dream again!

Your mob, led by Boris, are living  their dream now. But for us it's a nightmare.

I kept a few hundred hens up until recently. The combination of feed going up and forced lock down every winter made it not worthwhile in the end. Shame really as I used to enjoy it