Kennel disinfectant/deodoriser

Can anybody recommend anywhere does these? Either Northwest for collection or web. Ideally in 5 gallon kegs or can take in commercial volume maybe (220l drums etc) and knock down myself at work and sell surplus on. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lidl/Aldi bleach,..a few squirts in a bucket of water and away ye go....my vet told me it's good to keep parvo at bay too

Always used battles black ,when I can't get it I use bleach,pick up the shit,bucket of water and bleach,quick scrub with a brush,hose it down with clean water ? Most important thing about  kennel

what’s up with a bit a domestos?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

what’s up with a bit a domestos?

Proper kennel disinfectant is normally save around dogs , and don't need to be rinsed off . So smells fresher for longer if dogs do piss or shite in there run 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Chid said:

If it's not diluted properly and not rinsed away it can burn a dogs pads 

I've used bleach for years,I have never had an issue with dogs pads,I make up a good drop,( a cup full roughly)into a bucket of water,stir vigorously and lash it all over after the shits picked up,never a problem with feet,I use a squeegee to take as much water as I can from the floor surface....but the chlorahydrate (chloras) is a different matter,you need to be careful with that,

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 2

Always used battles black ,when I can't get it I use bleach,pick up the shit,bucket of water and bleach,quick scrub with a brush,hose it down with clean water ?

Most important thing about  kennels/runs is having sufficient drainage with a trap to stop the smell..soakaways always stink imo.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I use trigene, wouldn’t use nowt else ?

COMPOSITION

Each L contains n-alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride 50 g, didecyl dimethyl ammonium chloride 75 g, poly (hexamethylene) biguanide hydrochloride 1 g.

Description. A noninitant, nontoxic, noncorrosive and nonhazardous bactericidal, fungicidal, virucidal, mycobacterial and sporicidal agent.

ACTIONS

TriGene disinfectant is a synergistic blend of several active ingredients. Dodecylamine sulphamate is a powerful salt developed from dodecyl amine and sulfamic acid. The salt has a high tolerance to hard water and soilage.
Poly (hexamethylene) biguanide hydrochloride is a good Grampositive biocide, with variable activity also as a virucide. 
Octyldecyl dimethyl ammonium chloride is a powerful quarternary compound with antibacterial, virucidal and tuberculocidal activity at low dilutions. It is bacteriostatic in high dilutions with a very high tolerance to both hard water and organic soilage when in combination with dodecylamine sulfamate. 
The activity of nonyl phenyl-w-hydroxy-poly (oxythylene) (NP9) is to act first to attack cell walls as a penetrative agent allowing the combinations of disinfectants to enter the cortex of the cell and destroy it. The secondary activity is as a surface active agent or detergent that loosens organic material into suspension in water. Ethanol acts to promote cell wall activity in particular with certain viral groups.
It is well known that the long chain quarternary compounds which possess the greatest antibacterial activity are those with at least one radical and with a C8 to C18 length carbon chain. It is also known that absorption plays an important role in the activity of disinfectant formulations. TriGene disinfectants are highly surface active and therefore readily absorbed. Because of the large specific surface of the particulate microorganisms, the first stage of germicidal activity begins with the adsorption of the disinfectant by the microbial cell. Such adsorption increases the permeability of the cell membrane, leading to the ultimate rupture and the decrease of lysine and glutamic acid. The inclusion of dodecylamine sulfamate appears to stimulate the contraction of the cytoplasm followed by complete stripping of the cell wall. A second mode of action proposed is that cell death results from inactivation of energy producing enzymes such as those concerned with glucose, succinate and pyruvate oxidase systems.

INDICATIONS

Suitable for general disinfection of all surfaces (floors and walls), kennel areas, examination tables, surgery walls, food and water bowls and bedding. May be used on rubber, vinyl and most hard surfaces, including food preparation areas.

TriGene is effective against bacteria, fungi, viruses and bacterial spores in veterinary hospitals and animal accommodation, including the following.

Bacteria. Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella sp., legionella sp., Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus sp., Proteus vulgaris, Pseudomonas sp., Mycobacterium fortuitum, Bacillus sp., Clostridium sp., Campylobacter sp., Klebsiella sp., Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Bordetella bronchiseptica.

Fungi. Microsporum sp., Candida albicans, Trichophyton sp., Penicillium sp., Aspergillus niger and Saccharomyces cerevisiae. 

Viruses. Parvovirus, equine herpesvirus, infectious bursal dis¬ease virus (IBD), influenza, Newcastle disease, orthopoxvirus, feline calicivirus (FCV), feline infectious peritonitis, feline panleukopenia virus and feline rhinotracheitis.

DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION

Diluted solution keeps for 12 months. 
General disinfection of all surfaces. Dilute 1:100 for general use and intermediate risk areas. Dilute 1:50 for high risk or soiled areas. 
Examination tables. Dilute 1:20 for rapid disinfection of high risk areas and consult tables.
Food and water bowls. Dilute 1:50. Clean off soil before disinfection. Rinse thoroughly before use.
Bedding and clothing. 50 mL/4 kg load. ........

AFTER ALL THAT BOLLIX...I HAVE TWO WORDS FOR YE ......GLORIFIED BLEACH 

they give it a fancy name to charge ye more...lol

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1