Canada Geese Night Shooting

Now here's a new one to me after all these years, can I shoot Canada Geese at night, never had to before ?

This is out of season but covered by at least 2 General Licences (and will not be a Sunday or Bank Holiday), and will be with RIFLES, with geese on the ground, so that's taken care of.

The site is High Profile and sensitive, and daytime is out of the question.  Saturday daytime is also out of the question, that is their busiest time!

So, can I shoot them at night?

Cheers 

Edited by Deker

10 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Lamping birds is illegal and using a sighting device is illegal.

Screenshot_20220419-192910_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks, this is why I am asking the question, I can't find a definitive answer!

I know that part, BUT, the world is not PITCH BLACK everywhere and we get full moons etc, I have shot ALL night before without any artificial illumination!

Can I shoot Canada Geese at night, or is there anything legal specifically preventing me from doing that?

Cheers

Edited by Deker
27 minutes ago, Deker said:

Thanks, this is why I am asking the question, I can't find a definitive answer!

I know that part, BUT, the world is not PITCH BLACK everywhere and we get full moons etc, I have shot ALL night before without any artificial illumination!

Can I shoot Canada Geese at night, or is there anything legal specifically preventing me from doing that?

Cheers

If using rifles you will not be able to use scopes so I suppose open sights is ok or shotguns.

3 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

If using rifles you will not be able to use scopes so I suppose open sights is ok or shotguns.

Perhaps, the wording says or sighting device for NIGHT SHOOTING (That implies Night vision scope??), it doesn't say normal day scope, it implies a scope for NIGHT USE, unclear or ambiguous!!!!!

Regardless of that, I was/am not 100% clear if specifically shooting them at night is legal/illegal, and I need to know 100% on this site, it is a VERY High Profile site and I can't afford mistakes!

Cheers

Thanks everyone.   

The site is VERY High Profile, very large and has 24 hour security.  I have extensive experience of shooting Canada Geese but have never had to consider NIGHT shooting them, and a cursory comment from someone suggested that was illegal, I didn't think it was, but because of the nature of this site I must be absolutely 100% sure.

General Licences inc.CL12, FAC Conditions, Other means of removing them have been tried, Lighting, rifles, shotguns, ammo types, Sundays, Bank Holidays, Geese numbers, specific location on site, number of operatives, safety, neighbours etc etc etc have all been accounted for.

The question is simply, is it legal to shoot them at night?

Thanks! :good:

Edited by Deker
11 hours ago, goldfinger said:

You could ask for the site to closed for a specific day in the week for purpose of pest Control, check latest general licence for 2022.

gl-table-england-2022-1024x723.jpg

Simply not possible!     

Edited by Deker
1 minute ago, BenBhoy said:

Do they not fly planes there at night? 

No, (and its mainly helicopters). Like I said, everything has been taken care of.............

The question is simply, is it legal to shoot them at night?

Thanks! :good:

1 minute ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Ask Defra or Natural England so that you have it in writing .

You'd think that would be simple....I'm waiting for their reply, they said they would find out and get back to me!!!

I've asked BASC as well, same response from them!

• Sad 1