Keeping a season

1 hour ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Fcuk me I wear le chameu but couldn’t walk 40 mile in them. Get some decent boots you might walk 50 mile in a night like me ?

I find them comfortable alot more than a did the hunters. A find them better than boots for walking alot lighter. Like wearing slippers there's nothing too them the le chameu 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had the privilege to work my dogs on some truly outstanding ground and in the best of company...would I f**k go back without an invite..not so long as I got a hole in my arse...lowest of the low?

2nd week of February we pull the plug, I think myself its only right, in fairness people that hunt on into march are only killing there own sport. Keepers and such well they have a job to do and a vix

Keeping numbers down wasnt the point atall as they are shot and controlled by other means by myself we was simply out for a bit of sport as he was struggling to get any himself, i have plenty of help

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

( Sorry sir a thought it was public right of way)  NO IT f***ing ISNT NOW f**k OFF. Most poachers & fellas with permission who lamp on a nite nowadays are out at 8pm an in by 10pm got to get them few pints in before bed.  A know a few lol. A used to rocking up home at 4 in morning hard winter out at midnight.  Good pal used to come out with me walking a good 40 mile round trip no driving round in motors messing land up taking the piss. Times have changed poachers nowa days let land owners know they've been by f***ing it up for decent men that love an respect the game. 

Where you with mchull doing them distances fair play 40 mile round trip from midnight until 4 am have u an engine up yer erse? 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

I'm not biting lol

I’m not looking for a bite I’m telling you that you are lying … there is no way you covered 40 miles across rough terrain I presume with hills in 4 hours whilst stopping to lamp any quarry you came across.   The marine commando test is a 30 mile speed March across Dartmoor and you have 8 hours to complete it but you can walk 40 miles in 4 hours whilst lamping. You are a fukcing liar. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, socks said:

I’m not looking for a bite I’m telling you that you are lying … there is no way you covered 40 miles across rough terrain I presume with hills in 4 hours whilst stopping to lamp any quarry you came across.   The marine commando test is a 30 mile speed March across Dartmoor and you have 8 hours to complete it but you can walk 40 miles in 4 hours whilst lamping. You are a fukcing liar. 

You can think what you want a don't have to prove shit to you. I'm telling you I've tracked about 40 miles in all. From setting off from my property to the areas I've said you think what you want. Am guessing in this marine commando test your carrying all your equipment ? How much weight in all are they carrying. Your clutching now socks a man with a lamp an a lithium battery weighing nothing is a big difference to the f***ing marines lol. 

6 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

You can think what you want a don't have to prove shit to you. I'm telling you I've tracked about 40 miles in all. From setting off from my property to the areas I've said you think what you want. Am guessing in this marine commando test your carrying all your equipment ? How much weight in all are they carrying. Your clutching now socks a man with a lamp an a lithium battery weighing nothing is a big difference to the f***ing marines lol. 

They carry 40lbs however they are far fitter and more robust than you are and it still takes 8 hours to do 30 miles. A combat infantryman’s test is 8 miles in 2 hours and that’s a combination of speed marching and running so in 4 hours a fit infantry soldier would cover 16 miles and you reckon you cover 40 miles in that time. You are a bullshiting liar. You are going faster than top marathon runners speed. f***ing Walter Mitty. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Just a good set of legs pal 

Me and a mate do 11 miles local to me leave my house at midnight sometimes 4 5 am bye time we get home...what with having a shine dealing with quarry and il tell you am fecked after that there’s no danger your walking 40 mile on an evenings lamping that’s just silly talk mate 

1 hour ago, socks said:

They carry 40lbs however they are far fitter and more robust than you are and it still takes 8 hours to do 30 miles. A combat infantryman’s test is 8 miles in 2 hours and that’s a combination of speed marching and running so in 4 hours a fit infantry soldier would cover 16 miles and you reckon you cover 40 miles in that time. You are a bullshiting liar. You are going faster than top marathon runners speed. f***ing Walter Mitty. 

When I was fit,I could run to the top of Pen yr van from the story arms  and back down the otherside over the footbridge in under an HR...best time was 52 mins.....was 15 yr ago mind lol??

8 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

You wouldn't want to be carrying quarry about poaching at night phil. Your back next day in motor. I've not done all that walking to not come home without any quarry for slow cooker. At least then you can argue your case if you do get pulled over by the law. I've been stopped on times by the law just asking where were going. An not worried like you would in a motor. Thinking there going to be staying about watching out for our motor.  A didn't have to worry about making it back to the motor. Two 22amp lithium batteries would last. Lads have to think it took me a good 7 miles to get to the decent ground where numbers are good having a couple of runs on the way. That's 14 miles just there an back. Then I'm walking round some parts of Barnsley mapelwell area then over towards new hall prison then midgley Flockton then back down towards a place called Thornhill. Don't get me wrong a was f****d when a got home. But lads are out at 8 in by 10 11 nowa days. And some places the quarry are used to fellas hitting them at that time sticking to the edges shying away. I've taken lads with me on early nights out because there up early for a game on Saturday morning. An they've not come back out because there's been nothing about. Saying it's shit thought it was full of quarry. Come around  midnight the land will be lifting. You've got to think there's people knocking about at 8 - 10 o'clock land owners lol game keepers. By this time there mostly toes up zzzzzzzing. I've done around 40 miles. My brother won't come with me no more because its too much for him he likes a drink. A once had his pal with us an he was that f****d he went to sleep in a local bridge on bench an said a will see you on way back am f****d mate. He was one of them that like a few cans a night. Why do some people think you lie. The wife was at side of me about an hour ago an a was laughing at the comments before work. She says they don't know you that's why i won't come out walking with you. Am like a pakkiz wife 10 mile behind lol. Am fit phill an walk all over no need to lie 

Well, I would have to agree with you as regards those comfortable, La Chamois Wellies,. they are very nice things?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, socks said:

I was in a 39 and a half mile race once, winner did it in around 4.10.(I was 2 hours slower, and coming down the stairs on my arse for a few days after it)