Keeping a season

7 hours ago, dogmandont said:

I know a terrierman that rears most the cubs he has to shift, all put in a large pen and kept as wild as possible and released when he thinks they can fend for themselves. 

This one releases them when he thinks it's the right time also, shame it's normaly on a hunt day..

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had the privilege to work my dogs on some truly outstanding ground and in the best of company...would I f**k go back without an invite..not so long as I got a hole in my arse...lowest of the low?

2nd week of February we pull the plug, I think myself its only right, in fairness people that hunt on into march are only killing there own sport. Keepers and such well they have a job to do and a vix

Keeping numbers down wasnt the point atall as they are shot and controlled by other means by myself we was simply out for a bit of sport as he was struggling to get any himself, i have plenty of help

Posted Images

6 hours ago, fireman said:

This one releases them when he thinks it's the right time also, shame it's normaly on a hunt day..

Thats a shame you've used the antis preconceived idea FM, it doesn't make sense when they say it either.  The odd terrier man may well take pity and rear the odd litter he's been told to get rid of, what's the difference between him and the RSPCA doing it  ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Fair play to keepers doing it or doing it for farmers that are getting bother with them, have to keep permission ect but there are plenty that look forward to this time of year and use the previous as an excuse. Terrier work is definitely the way to do it though, plenty shooters will happily shoot a vixen that’s feeding Cubs and not a thought spared  for the Cubs that will b left to starve 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Jude said:

Fair play to keepers doing it or doing it for farmers that are getting bother with them, have to keep permission ect but there are plenty that look forward to this time of year and use the previous as an excuse. Terrier work is definitely the way to do it though, plenty shooters will happily shoot a vixen that’s feeding Cubs and not a thought spared  for the Cubs that will b left to starve 

Aye fair play…. That’s pest control 

ATB …. T

On 21/04/2022 at 12:58, dillydog said:

Thats a shame you've used the antis preconceived idea FM, it doesn't make sense when they say it either.  The odd terrier man may well take pity and rear the odd litter he's been told to get rid of, what's the difference between him and the RSPCA doing it  ?

Been thinking about maybe i shouldn't have said anything really but then the wanker has poached my permission and don't give two fecks for me so, what is a shame is i have said what my own eyes have seen mate. I don't need patronizing about anti bullshit as it ain't and it isn't me that goes poaching others hard earnt permission so if your seen doing such things then expect so pay back and some might think me a wrong un for saying what i'm saying but again fcuk him and his actions as he thought the same about me and the keepers he's known for years.....He digs cubs to save for hunt days .end of and like or lump it i don't give a fcuk...

Edited by fireman
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, fireman said:

Been thinking about maybe i shouldn't have said anything really but then the wanker has poached my permission and don't give two fecks for me so, what is a shame is i have said what my own eyes have seen mate. I don't need patronizing about anti bullshit as it ain't and it isn't me that goes poaching others hard earnt permission so if your seen doing such things then expect so pay back and some might think me a wrong un for saying what i'm saying but again fcuk him and his actions as he thought the same about me and the keepers he's known for years.....He digs cubs to save for hunt days .end of and like or lump it i don't give a 

It's dog eat dog in this day an age pal. What does me is fellas that moan abart poachers because going back many moons they'll of been doing the same when young when first starting up with a lamp an lurcher , or in local woods or bankings with a few nets an ferrets trying to find there way in life not knowing its owned by someone. We've all been there it's just many forget. 

Edited by Bangersanmash
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

It's dog eat dog in this day an age pal. What does me is fellas that moan abart poachers because going back many moons they'll of been doing the same when young when first starting up with a lamp an lurcher , or in local woods or bankings with a few nets an ferrets trying to find there way in life not knowing its owned by someone. We've all been there it's just many forget. 

I’d poach anywhere if they wouldn’t let me on.

but I’d never dig another lads permission .

I’ve been given many good days on good land 

and the reason is they know I’d never bounce back ?

common land is anyones  ?

ATB …T

• Like 7
13 hours ago, TonyT said:

I’d poach anywhere if they wouldn’t let me on.

but I’d never dig another lads permission .

I’ve been given many good days on good land 

and the reason is they know I’d never bounce back ?

common land is anyones  ?

ATB …T

Dont do anyone dirty and you will get far and hopefully be invited onto others perm and also you should return the favor if possible its how i like to work with people ? 

took a lad out lamping last season a few nights on some decent perm as i didnt have a dog to run myself at the time, supplied him with plenty of hospitality and decent grub in my home before and after the session which i dont mind atall looking after decent lads then a few weeks later he messaged me asking for the postcode as he wanted to pop over there with a few mates ? he had a swift reply and we havent had each others company since ?

Atb BT

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, BIG TOM said:

Dont do anyone dirty and you will get far and hopefully be invited onto others perm and also you should return the favor if possible its how i like to work with people ? 

took a lad out lamping last season a few nights on some decent perm as i didnt have a dog to run myself at the time, supplied him with plenty of hospitality and decent grub in my home before and after the session which i dont mind atall looking after decent lads then a few weeks later he messaged me asking for the postcode as he wanted to pop over there with a few mates ? he had a swift reply and we havent had each others company since ?

Atb BT

Well if you didn't have a dog to run an he could still get numbers down for you on the permission what was the problem. Your there to do a job an if you've not got a dog to work then your no good to the land owner really are ya ? The Lad might of been doing you a favour until you got back on your feet with a dog. If you said he seemed to be a decent fella a couldn't see the problem. You could of given him a chance with his pal an told the land owner you've got a chap coming to do some work for you both. Keeps every one happy. 

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Well if you didn't have a dog to run an he could still get numbers down for you on the permission what was the problem. Your there to do a job an if you've not got a dog to work then your no good to the land owner really are ya ? The Lad might of been doing you a favour until you got back on your feet with a dog. If you said he seemed to be a decent fella a couldn't see the problem. You could of given him a chance with his pal an told the land owner you've got a chap coming to do some work for you both. Keeps every one happy. 

Keeping numbers down wasnt the point atall as they are shot and controlled by other means by myself we was simply out for a bit of sport as he was struggling to get any himself, i have plenty of help if needed from trusted folk and no need for gobshites running the place into the ground when im  not around ? my point wasnt about him helping me or to get numbers down or doing me a favor my point was he thought it was ok for him to get the location so he could have sport for him and a few mates whenever he wanted, not that he asked would it be ok if he popped along and had a look would of been better not even an offer for me to go along. regardless of what anyone thinks he was simply taking the piss and thought he could use me for some land for him and mates afterwards thats what i saw anyway. more than likely plenty of people on the land i dont know about same as everywhere ill hop the fence as much as anyone but i wouldnt go back to where i was invited without the inviting party but he was a cheeky shit and aired my views ?

atb BT

• Like 10
4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I've had the privilege to work my dogs on some truly outstanding ground and in the best of company...would I f**k go back without an invite..not so long as I got a hole in my arse...lowest of the low?

This is why your better off doing your own thing Danny an leaving the invites on land. I've seen it in past lads falling out over daft petty shite. I do believe some change when they get permission become proper tools. One lad local to us used to poach some land that we all used to have a mooch on local. Now he's like GET OFF MY LAND  AM CALLING THE  POLICE LOL. So your not only a shit house but a grassing c**t too. We all used to go out together when we was kids. This Chap messaged him for post code some fuckers would of just been on without a message or a call. 

1 hour ago, Bangersanmash said:

This is why your better off doing your own thing Danny an leaving the invites on land. I've seen it in past lads falling out over daft petty shite. I do believe some change when they get permission become proper tools. One lad local to us used to poach some land that we all used to have a mooch on local. Now he's like GET OFF MY LAND  AM CALLING THE  POLICE LOL. So your not only a shit house but a grassing c**t too. We all used to go out together when we was kids. This Chap messaged him for post code some fuckers would of just been on without a message or a call. 

You’re not far from me bangers 

KEEP OFF MY LAND ……. ?

in days gone there would be teams of lad In Cafes 

having a breakfast

all lying about where they’d been .

then in boozer that afternoon 

good fun , good times 

ATB …. T

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TonyT said:

You’re not far from me bangers 

KEEP OFF MY LAND ……. ?

in days gone there would be teams of lad In Cafes 

having a breakfast

all lying about where they’d been .

then in boozer that afternoon 

good fun , good times 

ATB …. T

( Sorry sir a thought it was public right of way)  NO IT f***ing ISNT NOW f**k OFF. Most poachers & fellas with permission who lamp on a nite nowadays are out at 8pm an in by 10pm got to get them few pints in before bed.  A know a few lol. A used to rocking up home at 4 in morning hard winter out at midnight.  Good pal used to come out with me walking a good 40 mile round trip no driving round in motors messing land up taking the piss. Times have changed poachers nowa days let land owners know they've been by f***ing it up for decent men that love an respect the game.