Supplements

What supplements ( if any ) do you lads on here use for your dogs or pups.? I personally don't use them any more ( just good mixed feeding ) but back in the early 80's when we lamped most nights and/ or ferreted during the day I used a product called SA37E for greyhounds.  Just sniffing about the Web I can't seam to find it now. Must be discontinued or replaced by an up-to-date formuls

I think we all used SA37 back in the day, don't now, a table spoon full of dried chemicals don't make any sense, better to stick to a good mixed diet.

A little evidence to back up my personal experience. 

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, Bird Catcher said:

What supplements ( if any ) do you lads on here use for your dogs or pups.? I personally don't use them any more ( just good mixed feeding ) but back in the early 80's when we lamped most nights and/ or ferreted during the day I used a product called SA37E for greyhounds.  Just sniffing about the Web I can't seam to find it now. Must be discontinued or replaced by an up-to-date formuls

Yeah,..? I think we all used SA37 for our running  dogs, I certainly did pump it into the race dogs, the Greyhounds and the Whippets,. plus a whole lot of other, crazy additives, magic potions and mixes..? 

We genuinely believed in them, and when we won, we believed in them, even more.?

AS too whether these vitamins and chemical concoctions, went in one end, and straight out the other,.. feck knows...

Personally, when I was killing rabbits in quantity,.. I initially fed my poor jukels on Vitalin....!

Crazy,.. I know,. but back then,.. we just did not know....?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 5
43 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Yeah,..? I think we all used SA37 for our running  dogs, I certainly did pump it into the race dogs, the Greyhounds and the Whippets,. plus a whole lot of other, crazy additives, magic potions and mixes..? 

We genuinely believed in them, and when we won, we believed in them, even more.?

AS too whether these vitamins and chemical concoctions, went in one end, and straight out the other,.. feck knows...

Personally, when I was killing rabbits in quantity,.. I initially fed my poor jukels on Vitalin....!

img Scans222.jpg

God awful stuff vitalin 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Bird Catcher said:

I think it’s called SA50 now 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Aussie Whip said:

Unless the dog has some deficiency or a crappy diet it's the same for us buying vitamins, waste of money. With humans you could get a placebo effect and think they are doing you good. A whole industry of bullshit.

What even the lemongrass and kelp

On 19/04/2022 at 16:59, OldPhil said:

Think we all used Vitalin as well as the SA37 and an electrolyte back in the day. I kept racing/coursing greys, lurchers and terriers on it with the addition of fish scraps from the local chippy, long wedges of flesh containing the backbone, and they all performed well.