Fingers crossed for France

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Le Penne could win this and the EU are shitting it….. Lets pray a big country in Europe elects a nationalist.

Had to have a wry smile to myself, watching UK news (BBC, Sky etc) they have all been referring to Macron as Macron but apply the prefix “Far Right” to LePenn…..not so here, they just call them Macron

f**k the French - they're no friends of ours regardless of who's in charge.  ......... They've all got that little napoleon Britain hating complex ingrained into them. It's a little man syndrome

26 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

I thought they weren't allowed to publish results until after the polls have closed in France at 19:00 UK time. Possibly a hoax. 

I was just told its the results of the three overseas French territories, haven't seen the Quebec one yet, though Quebecoise I have spoken to who are eligible to vote don't like macron. 

25 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Is that exit polls ?

Cheers.

As above mate. 

• Like 1

At midnight on Friday, France enters a period of “electoral silence” during which French media are barred from quoting candidates or publishing opinion polls to ensure they don’t unduly influence voters. These rules also apply to candidates and their teams, who are strictly barred from campaigning in the last 44 hours before voting ends on Sunday. 

On election day, polling stations in mainland France close at 7pm in most places and at 8pm in the larger cities including Paris. That one-hour lag, which used to be two hours in past elections, is crucial to pollsters who are expected to crunch the numbers and project a winner in time for the 8pm gong.  

Unlike in most other democracies, where those projections are based on exit polls, French pollsters base their estimates on ballots that have actually been counted. Those estimates are updated throughout the evening as the vote count progresses. 

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The overseas territories votes are in and they are overwhelmingly for Le Pen, a complete turnaround from last election.

Dosent mean mainland France will vote the same, but I think it will be closer than expected.

Cheers.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Emmanuel Macron and Marine Le Pen are in the runoff to be the next president of France. Find...

4 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I don't think the way the voting has gone will be in the UK s best interests. 

Agreed. Macron is rabid anti-UK. He blames Brexit for ruining his plans to change the EU and he is no friend of Britain. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

I rekon its been fixed too, how can france be in such a shite state and still vote for the man doing it???

It follows the UK example ? Lol ?