Worked out in Greece for a while back in the early 90's. Gyros was always pork, quite fatty, like pork belly, but stacked on a skewer doner style. Served in flat bread with salad, tzatziki and fries, all rolled in, not on the side. Asked the locals back then and they'd tell you pork was traditional in Greek gyros, lamb was for the Turks...

Yokel

How can you have a Greek menu with hardly any traditional Greek dishes wheres the Kleftiko,Stifado,Moussaka,Papousatkia,Soutzoukakia,Giouvetsi,Dolmades....just because its got Feta Cheese on it dont make it Greek !.....i absolute love Greek food and have it sent over from my favourite restaurant regularly,certainly aint the same heated up but still even the most basic traditional dishes have a taste like nothing else in my view.

IMG_3961.jpg

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

How can you have a Greek menu with hardly any traditional Greek dishes wheres the Kleftiko,Stifado,Moussaka,Papousatkia,Soutzoukakia,Giouvetsi,Dolmades....just because its got Feta Cheese on it dont make it Greek !.....i absolute love Greek food and have it sent over from my favourite restaurant regularly,certainly aint the same heated up but still even the most basic traditional dishes have a taste like nothing else in my view.

IMG_3961.jpg

f***ing hell, hark at you Jamie Oliver ! ? 

Back in the 80s when kebabs became the new thing  I worked after school in a Greek Cypriot  chippy, along with skinning the spuds another job was  helping make the elephant leg for the kebabs and it was  lamb ...its looking like it's one of those regional things?