Learning a second language

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

South Shields ! I spent a bit of time at the Marine College there .

They are called "sand dancers" , evidently because a lot of Yemeni Arab seamen settled there one time.

Strange place, not really sure if they are Geordies or Mackems.

Cheers.

The accent is hard, harsh, and f****d up, it's like the b*****d child of a drunken sunderland bloke shagging a Newcastle crack addicted lass for a fiver. 

• Haha 2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent 26 years learning Arabic, but still speak it like Borat speaks English ! ? ! Cheers.

Dos cervezas por favor ?

A few lads have mate  , I haven’t got the grasp of basic language rhythm to be if any use bar “ Akuna mattata “  i know an black African lad who spoke 6 or 7 languages fluent and was working for

Posted Images

My wife and all her family are fluent in Welsh and my daughter is going into the Welsh stream in school...I'm going to have to learn it incase they start chatting shit about me ?

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Just downloaded duo lingo app. It’s EXACTLY what I wanted.

Problem….

I can’t roll my f***ing Rs!

Neither can I and I’ve been trying for 11 years ???

I get the piss ripped out of me on a daily basis ?

I worked with a bloke and still talk to him from time to time who can speak 8/9 languages and he learnt them mostly from watching films with subtitles. Polish, Czech, Spanish,English, German, French, Arabic and Chinese from memory and a few more. He said once you have basics and then put the subtitles on a film in that language it's not to hard to pick up but he spoke American ? ... garbage, candy, cash, groceries etc.

11 minutes ago, mackem said:

The accent is hard, harsh, and f****d up, it's like the b*****d child of a drunken sunderland bloke shagging a Newcastle crack addicted lass for a fiver. 

You seem to know a little too much about that scenario.??

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

I worked with a bloke and still talk to him from time to time who can speak 8/9 languages and he learnt them mostly from watching films with subtitles. Polish, Czech, Spanish,English, German, French, Arabic and Chinese from memory and a few more. He said once you have basics and then put the subtitles on a film in that language it's not to hard to pick up but he spoke American ? ... garbage, candy, cash, groceries etc.

I spoke to a waiter in Italy once. He could communicate in well over a dozen languages. I asked him how he acquired all these languages. He just shrugged and said" if I cant communicate, I can't earn". 

He reckoned Youtube was the best place to learn.

Spoke to a girl in opticians last week. Asked her where she was from. She was from Poland. Spoke English in a perfect Scottish accent. Her English was better than mine. Think if you need to learn a language, you will learn sharpish if you really need to.

Edited by jukel123
2 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

All I know is women folk who are multilingual are irritating at hell ? Like no, for the seventh time, I don't wanna lean how to say "these waffles are good" in Lebanese

"Hadah hubz quais".......or words to that effect ??

Cheers

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

All I know is women folk who are multilingual are irritating at hell ? Like no, for the seventh time, I don't wanna lean how to say "these waffles are good" in Lebanese

Piss right off! There ain’t a chance in hell you’ve seen a Lebanese waffle in Florida ??

Just watching that show about the bloke from Hartlepool who faked his own death in a canoe.

He divorced his missus and now lives in the Phillipines and she works for the RSPCA.

They were interviewed about the show, and the only complaint they both had was that the actors used Geordie accents rather than Hartlepool accents !

Cheers.

• Haha 3
8 minutes ago, TOMO said:

any way born....you wanting to learn Italian....there's definitely a bird involved your wanting to impress

Fuuck aye there is lol. Our Jess learnt Spanish to communicate with her mates…. She learnt Italian because of some bloke she was seeing…. Learnt well enough to impress the Italian mother and grandmother… I reckon that’s where Born is heading, some sorts Italian family ?

9 minutes ago, TOMO said:

any way born....you wanting to learn Italian....there's definitely a bird involved your wanting to impress

Well he's not going to impress her talking about the military capabilities of the Baltic states or the effect on the worlds economy caused by the Ukrainian wheat shortage is he ?

If he can seranade her with Mambo Italiana he's got more chance ?

Cheers.

• Haha 3