Any good to any one ?

2 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Never had cause to seek that effect, mate. And, anyway, it was a lifetime ago. Dunno if that was even recognised back then?

I'm guessing it doesn't work in birds then?

Birds aren't really my thing but I'd assume not because if it was the case the chicken industry wouldn't hatch so many waste males. I know it's the case with a lot of amphibians and geckos but that's as far as my knowledge on the subject goes I'm afraid

• Like 2

Yeppers. It was the chickens thing that somewhat gave the game away to me. Just as well. Only last night I put in for another case of day old's. Would make my foxes expensive, if they could just lower the temps and the males.

Dunno what Francie would make of all this.

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, BGD said:

Birds aren't really my thing but I'd assume not because if it was the case the chicken industry wouldn't hatch so many waste males. I know it's the case with a lot of amphibians and geckos but that's as far as my knowledge on the subject goes I'm afraid

Reptiles need heat and humidity to determine sex, birds don’t as the parents sit on them where as reptiles dig mounds for them 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Pretty sure it’s Same for tortoises, got it in me nut an tortoises are only reptile i trust an actually care to bother to hold any info about ? could be wrong tho ?

Aye now you mention it I'm sure I remember reading something about temps determining sex in sea turtles so could well be the same with tortoises.

Great wee things they are, my aunt used to have a couple of fecking massive Sulcatas that had the run of her garden and a heated shed proper characters they were.