Ferrets skin/fur

9 minutes ago, green dragon said:

I’m looking for some advice.  iv noticed lately my hobs fur has become dry and rough and his tail is loosing hair? Just wondering what I can do to sort him out. 

I don't think there's anything to worry about mate specially with hobs it's this time off the year 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, green dragon said:

I’m looking for some advice.  iv noticed lately my hobs fur has become dry and rough and his tail is loosing hair? Just wondering what I can do to sort him out. 

But if you hold on ten  minutes till people Google it you will get plenty off answers lol ? 

• Haha 2

I will definitely be adding salmon bits to the diet. They eat well. there on all the game the dogs catch and what  I or friends shoot plus organs heart/liver/etc beef mince Turkey mince iv never really thought of fish .  the hob is eating like normal and still bouncing around like the usual knob head he is. It’s just his fur feels abit dry and looseing fur on his tail . Iv caught him rolling in his piss getting all excited with the jills  in the next hutch  so I imagine that will make his fur feel rough and dry too 

1 minute ago, green dragon said:

I will definitely be adding salmon bits to the diet. They eat well. there on all the game the dogs catch and what  I or friends shoot plus organs heart/liver/etc beef mince Turkey mince iv never really thought of fish .  the hob is eating like normal and still bouncing around like the usual knob head he is. It’s just his fur feels abit dry and looseing fur on his tail . Iv caught him rolling in his piss getting all excited with the jills  in the next hutch  so I imagine that will make his fur feel rough and dry too 

Exactly mate the piss don't do it any favors either, he'll come good after the mating season ? 

• Like 1

I have similar problems in the past and I was advised by one block mix in their food once a week kitten food , kitten food has high protein for them and the fish. The only time I have the problem now is when they get old or it’s a Jill who is about to have her young. Another one I also do and try to do it once a week or so is mix up egg with their food good protein and for their coat. 

On 17/04/2022 at 01:22, Guss33 said:

I have similar problems in the past and I was advised by one block mix in their food once a week kitten food , kitten food has high protein for them and the fish. The only time I have the problem now is when they get old or it’s a Jill who is about to have her young. Another one I also do and try to do it once a week or so is mix up egg with their food good protein and for their coat. 

I’ll give ago it mate.  he’s not old he’s only 2ish like the othe lads has mentioned iv given him some fish oil and Iv given him a egg yoke yesterday I’ll pop next door in abit and get a few pacs of cat food worth a go ?