Multicultural ireland

2 hours ago, WILF said:

Many of those towns would have been decent years ago mate, decent people , alright not all of them were examples of upstanding citizens but salt of the earth types none the less.

You go to the lakes or the borders even to this day and people are absolutely spot on, normal English folks being normal to each other. 

I have met and count as friends lads from all over the show, because they are just like you or me……but no, we wanted to import degradation and inevitably the less “shiny” places suffer the most.

There is absolutely nothing positive to say about the social direction of travel the last 70 years !

My experience of the lakes trying to take kids to Beatrix potter house on 2 separate occasions and not being able to get in because it's flooded with Chinese tourists lol. To me it's hard not to be apathetic, if not completely misanthropic. Seeing clips from Ukraine of citizens in squares playing pianos and violins etc and can't help but think the equivalent over here would be a load of brainwashed white kids pumping out drill music. Massive race to the bottom even walking around the cities they have lost all their character. Beautiful old buildings replaced with steel and glass monstrosities, heavy traffic everywhere, litter, green belt losses to new industrial parks and houses.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only ever visited the South of Ireland once in the 80s i find it hard to visualise large Muslim communities like we have in the UK you need to get behind any political party that's against the immigra

It's been instilled into you lot to hate each other and the British for so long....that the real enemy has slipped in unnoticed...give you 10 yrs and you will have f***ing shitholes like Bradford and

I  dislike anyone being labelled a nonce just because their gay,it's bandied around too easily,from the comments of the locals in the town they lived in they were,2 decent men,that was my issue,...any

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you was or was i mate ? 

i wasn’t i sometimes park up picnic area on track further down the road walk hornsea more so summer with kids and mutts ?

Sorry, I was. Yeah same mate good for bit of bushing down the track.

8 minutes ago, tandors said:

Sorry, I was. Yeah same mate good for bit of bushing down the track.

always a few bunny’s mate still a few other bits and bobs about aswell come season you fancy a walk out mate let me know ?

23 minutes ago, tandors said:

trying to take kids to Beatrix potter house on 2 separate occasions and not being able to get in because it's flooded with Chinese tourists lol. 

I am old enough to remember the time when the average Chinese wasn't allowed out of China, Chinese tourists didn't exist, now they are everywhere 1.4 billion of them. A couple of years ago we went to Czech Republic, I wanted to visit the KGB museum so we went to Prague. My missus wanted a photo on the Charles Bridge, I swear to god there was more Chinese there than in tiananmen Square, we eventually went there at 6am to get a decent pic. 

1 hour ago, tandors said:

My experience of the lakes trying to take kids to Beatrix potter house on 2 separate occasions and not being able to get in because it's flooded with Chinese tourists lol. To me it's hard not to be apathetic, if not completely misanthropic. Seeing clips from Ukraine of citizens in squares playing pianos and violins etc and can't help but think the equivalent over here would be a load of brainwashed white kids pumping out drill music. Massive race to the bottom even walking around the cities they have lost all their character. Beautiful old buildings replaced with steel and glass monstrosities, heavy traffic everywhere, litter, green belt losses to new industrial parks and houses.

I absolutely sympathise with every single word of that mate, totally agree.

We are certainly in the trenches that’s for sure !

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Francie said:

Have you seen britain recently mate lol 

The six counties won't an don't tolerate foreigners f***ing about?

Don't talk crap ... Have you seen the amount of foreigners over here ??

2 hours ago, WILF said:

Probably like most lads on here I have been lucky enough to experience some truly marvellous things, sounds a bit poncey but things like watching the sun come up while goose shooting on the estuary in the west of Scotland or being stood on top of a mountain in Wales watching a red kite and feeling like I could have just reached out and touched it.

The first glimpse as a kid of mullet making their way up a river in Devon or my first ever fishing trip on the Otter.

Being in the middle of nowhere in the Cotswolds, sat by a wood taking a break and watching Fallow deer, dawn on Windermere and it was like glass.

Horse fairs in Kent or taking a boat up the Stour from 15th century Sandwich and not a sound except the water !

The smell of hop fields on summer evenings and picking strawberry’s with the Kent sun on my back surrounded by my own people.

Too many and too wonderful and it genuinely breaks my f***ing heart that we seem hell bent on making it vanish without trace. 

Awesome mate, like you I've got to many to mention, a personal favourite is coursing in lincoln as the light fades, seeing the cathedral lit up on the hill in the distance.

• Thanks 1

The Irish love coming here for the roe buck stalking and the geese shooting something that scotlands blessed with funny how they don't land as much in Ireland lovely people most of them great stockmen stay positive lads  people make money money don't make people ? 

• Like 2