Sport of kings, fly fishing for course fish, way way better than for trout in my opinion and then on the rats, well done that man. 

Have you fly fished for pike, now that is something else, I did a lot of that whilst fishing from my kayak, brilliant sport. Where you are based, you could have a bit of fun in Shoreham harbour with the fly rod on the bass and sometimes mackerel.

Nice grip on the Dreamline.

Phil

Brighton based.....have fished Shoreham, but only the beaches.....normally I tend to fish the Ouse over at Newhaven, targeting mullet on the fly, highly frustrating, highly time consuming, but when you get it right all that frustration is forgotten. Mullet on the fly has to be one of the hardest fighting fish in the UK.

• Like 2

I agree, no matter how you tackle mullet, they are difficult to catch by any and every method out there.  I used to do a lot of busines in your region and always stayed in Hove then fishing every night, I have had some good nights down there.

Phil