I have a whippet bitch just coming 14. The last 6 months or so she can't get through the night without peeing. I have had to resort to crating her and letting her outside every 3 hours.

When the weather warms up she can go into the kennel at night.

Does this problem get worse over time or stay the same? Ant tips to manage the condition?

She's healthy and gets a bang out of life so I've no intention of putting her down yet.

12 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Is your ‘’whippet bitch’ actually your good self? old age comes for everybody if they lucky, don’t let it get you down ??

Nah, I've had the problem for years Katch?. Funny enough just got a pill from doctor which gets me through the night. But now up all the time with the whippet.??

Old age does not come alone.

Edited by jukel123
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/04/2022 at 20:26, jukel123 said:

Does this problem get worse over time or stay the same? Ant tips to manage the condition?

I've got a pit/bulldog bitch that has been incontinent for 2 years, I'm sure it's because I got her spayed at 9 months before she had a season. She hasn't got any worse with this but am constantly washing her bedding. She is almost 13 and have sadly decided to PTS tomorrow as her health is failing her.

2 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I've got a pit/bulldog bitch that has been incontinent for 2 years, I'm sure it's because I got her spayed at 9 months before she had a season. She hasn't got any worse with this but am constantly washing her bedding. She is almost 13 and have sadly decided to PTS tomorrow as her health is failing her.

My bitch was spayed too. I was reading that the op does make incontinence more likely. Sorry about your bitch mate. Don't think mine has much longer to go either.

• Sad 1
12 hours ago, jukel123 said:

My bitch was spayed too. I was reading that the op does make incontinence more likely. Sorry about your bitch mate. Don't think mine has much longer to go either.

I didn't want to spay her that young but I had 4 big male dogs in the yard, I believe they should have the first cycle before spaying usually to reduce the risk of incontinence. Thanks jukel, just got back from the vets so she's all good now. ?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Before my springer x lurcher passed at the age of eight she went through periods of this......but I figured it coincided with her been in a particular river. Either she was taking too much water while swimming or just maybe something to do with the fact I noticed  a sign saying do not go in the water it could have pollution in it.  Stopped going in the river problem went. She never spent much time in other rivers so I had nothing to compare it to.