Have you seen any/many so far?

Out Friday and saw the Vixen sitting in plain sight with 2 cubs who seemed remarkably large for this time of year, something else disturbed them and they scarpered before I got a picture.

Edited by Deker

Not seen any yet, normally May you will start to see the little fluff balls in a couple of places at the shoot, where the vixen lays them up for the day, a friend of a friend shot 3 plus the vixen 3 weeks ago in Norfolk 

It's good eating in the area I saw them (Free Range Chicken Farm), so looks like they started early, they are definitely bigger than I would expect so must have been born early!

I average 14 a year on this site and have been shooting it the best part of 20 years, it just doesn't stop!

1 hour ago, Deker said:

It's good eating in the area I saw them (Free Range Chicken Farm), so looks like they started early, they are definitely bigger than I would expect so must have been born early!

I average 14 a year on this site and have been shooting it the best part of 20 years, it just doesn't stop!

Are the chicken out? Thought they are all still in lockdown??

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Are the chicken out? Thought they are all still in lockdown??

I think they are still in lockdown, I normally get there in the eve and they are locked away anyway then, but the fox seems to still find a way!!!

• Like 1