2 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I think it's a bit of a catch 22, isn't it, Charts? Birds are laying now. So, every fukker wants to keep their laying stock / shift cockerels?

What ever. It should be much easier, finding bantams. Trouble is, we have to qualify that by the gauge that it'll be marginally easier than finding a free born leopard, in england. Or getting a straight answer out of Francie! :rolleyes:

I was gonna ask if there's a better time to buy birds. But, common sense and filthy luck tells me that'll be the other end of the year. When everyone's trying to get shot of their surplus. And guinea's have long ceased laying ?

I'm up against it, aren't I?

Is that you in your thumbnail mate lol

• Haha 1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why complicate things ? Keep the guinea fowl enclosed and feed them at the same time every day until they start coming to to you at feed time, and they are "hanted" as we say up here, just like h

We keep gleanies,  I love them, they are brain dead, hysterical, noisy, ruthless,  comical little dinosaurs.  As I sit here now I have 38 eggs in the incubator that went in yesterday . When they are k

I’ve been to Jamaica a few times and I love tree frogs sitting there nice and warm a few beers a rum chaser listening to this there’s not much finer things in life I believe but then I am easily pleas

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

I think it's a bit of a catch 22, isn't it, Charts? Birds are laying now. So, every fukker wants to keep their laying stock / shift cockerels?

What ever. It should be much easier, finding bantams. Trouble is, we have to qualify that by the gauge that it'll be marginally easier than finding a free born leopard, in england. Or getting a straight answer out of Francie! :rolleyes:

I was gonna ask if there's a better time to buy birds. But, common sense and filthy luck tells me that'll be the other end of the year. When everyone's trying to get shot of their surplus. And guinea's have long ceased laying ?

I'm up against it, aren't I?

POLS are everywhere atm

28 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Bantams etc never go broody when you need them to.

Incubator? As above, Gnips; I want them raised by chickens. Makes them a whole better bet, seemingly.

I'll show my bantam video's of day old chicks. That should get it going! :good:

Back in the days when the Exchange & Mart was the equivalent of the Internet for us older folk, it was easy to send birds, ferrets, dogs, etc, unaccompanied, by rail in the guards van.

I don't know if it's still possible, or, indeed if trains still have guards or guards vans !

Cheers.

• Like 2