Last year i was lucky enough to breed some mules for the first time i tried. I used a red mosaic hen, the first clutch was clear but the second 4 eggs all fertile. She hatched and reared all 4 young which turned out to be 2 cocks and 2 hens. They where hatched late, it was the 31st August but they grew well and have made nice birds. I have put the same pair back together this time. The question i have is, will the cock breed or be fertile whilst still showing black on his beak?  

He'll not be in full condition as such but he'll put it in if the hen is offering it,maybe the same might hapen again with the first round being clear but get some dandilions and other wild trigger foods as such and he'll be bouncing before to long..The very best of luck and keep us all updated how your go on during the season mate..

• Like 2
On 08/04/2022 at 09:55, ianm said:

Thanks very much, i will try to get some pictures. 

A don't know what weather's been like where you are.. But here in Yorkshire we've had abit of sun so the dandelions are out in full. If its been the same for you get plenty of dandelion heads an the greens plus some dog rose buds , black thorn too just give the birds it as a daily diet from now on. Just be careful where you pick mate atb 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...