making a small forge, just big enough to heat up 3" bearing outers, it is twin wall and want to fill the gap with some sort of insulation, should I go for vermiculite or just normal sand, do have a few pics on my phone of progress so far but have no clue how to post them, could send them to someone who knows how to post them here if they PM me their number

On 06/04/2022 at 23:52, neil82 said:

making a small forge, just big enough to heat up 3" bearing outers, it is twin wall and want to fill the gap with some sort of insulation, should I go for vermiculite or just normal sand, do have a few pics on my phone of progress so far but have no clue how to post them, could send them to someone who knows how to post them here if they PM me their number

Gruffalo is the man you want to be talking to,one clever fella who has built his own forge out of hoover bits and all sorts of throw away crap,lol..

13 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Ye mad hawk, your on here asking advice an I reckon you should be on giving it ?

looks great that?

IMG_20220413_101352.jpg.a386fe83bb2e668386f680f33d7963e3.jpggot to wait for this to heal and sort out a blowtorch before I try it out

39 minutes ago, GruffaloGriff said:

Just seen this now. Nice looking little forge.

Finger not so nice. Angle grinder? Looks like it could do with a couple of stitches.

Griff

impact damage, took 5 surures to close it up a bit, stung like buggery when they dipped it in iodine