First mark

47 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Ray you ever thought about taking a few straws from Buck? Sods Law someone will want to use him when he's past it or brown bread??

48 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Ray you ever thought about taking a few straws from Buck? Sods Law someone will want to use him when he's past it or brown bread??

pm  you.

49 minutes ago, Sammyballer said:

That good of a dog to go through the hassle of taking straws ? Must be some animal bird 

He was  good 1x, good lamping dog, that was his main job really. That gsd added  bit more grit to  the x, than   a collie. But being honest it be waste of time really, as nobody would use the dog anyway, people prefer the  conventional  type lurcher that about today,  they don't think out the box, that's what I think.but we all different as they say. 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, bird said:

He was  good 1x, good lamping dog, that was his main job really. That gsd added  bit more grit to  the x, than   a collie. But being honest it be waste of time really, as nobody would use the dog anyway, people prefer the  conventional  type lurcher that about today,  they don't think out the box, that's what I think.but we all different as they say. 

Don’t fix what’s not broken I suppose buddy , can’t imagine other crosses weren’t cable of what he could do I suppose 

On 06/04/2022 at 20:27, Sammyballer said:

Don’t fix what’s not broken I suppose buddy , can’t imagine other crosses weren’t cable of what he could do I suppose 

You ever  seen the dog work know what it can or can't bring to a mating feet coat temp wind ect 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, poxon said:

Pups looking well fred ??You happy you went with a whippet as your choice of next runner? 

she turns 7 months on Tuesday and I keep thinking early days, but I am really happy with her progress. she's hunting up well and really surprised me how she enters cover, doesn't let nettles bother her, etc, she's very independent but also follows beddywhippet as well. so yes so far I am?

• Like 2
On 06/04/2022 at 18:57, Sammyballer said:

That good of a dog to go through the hassle of taking straws ? Must be some animal bird 

It’s only when there gone an you gotta find what you want/need you realise exactly how good a dog it was when your comparing what’s available that you have made a error in not having a few straws tucked away on the back burner .
I’m at that point now I wish I’d of asked to take some straws off the f1 beddy greyhound I bred out of he wasn’t a open stud dog so there’s no variant of his seed about as it sure would be handy to put back in to the dogs granddaughter that I run now when the time comes for a replacement to be bred 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, fred90 said:

she turns 7 months on Tuesday and I keep thinking early days, but I am really happy with her progress. she's hunting up well and really surprised me how she enters cover, doesn't let nettles bother her, etc, she's very independent but also follows beddywhippet as well. so yes so far I am?

Can’t beat a little whippet mate ??

• Like 1
On 04/04/2022 at 16:59, OldPhil said:

?Well done Fred's Blue pup?

For me, as a one time, pro rabbit hunter..... a steady, reliable 100% marking dog, really was essential.... 

Personally, I rate this attribute very highly, in a daytime rabbiting/ferreting/ mouching lurcher....

On some places, there might well be only one solitary Coney,... and if you want to earn them gold doubloons, you had best kill the furry fecker..?

Keep at it Fred...?

Absolute must these days with the majority of burrows dead

• Like 3