Hugget mod query

33 minutes ago, dbarnard2 said:

the end cap on the FX shroud should unscrew....then the hugget screws straight onto the shroud. I have the same hugget sitting here in a draw that I used to have on the end of my FX Bobcat.

On the fac it is nowhere near as good as the SAK but I might pop it on the P35 sub 12, there again it may go on Airgun Forum to sell.  For a test, I did try to remove the end cap using long nosed pliers as it has two holes which a special tool must fit however I could not move it so simply held the Belitta in position, I know I know it is not a fair test but it gave me a good idea how effective the Belitta is.

Phil

2 hours ago, villaman said:

Phil , I think you find most have the same view on donny & huggett  as me on precision airgun Facebook page  ??

Yes they do Mitch and for me it is just curiosity because I cannot get my head around people spending so much on utter shite.  The SAK which is on my Wildcat is not bad it's just trying to improve things a little when I am using it around the dairy farm perm and I did test HW XLK (large) and that is just a touch better but the XLK (small) is not rated for fac so I didn't bother getting one in for test.

I hope to pop in to the rfd today and look through a box of Wildcat mods as I have Panthers on my two rimfire which are superb but as reflex mods, they won't go over the shroud but I think there may well be a Cub which would be worth trying.  There is no chance Mitch of me buying a Donny and after a breif test which was not ideal but the Belitta is not up to fac so that is out of the question. If the cub is no good then either I will stick with the SAK or buy an hw XLK at some stage.

Phil

Can't remember wether I had it on my sub12 or the FAC rated Bobcat id I'm honest, as I say its been sat in the draw for gawd knows how long.

The FAC Bobcat now has the Hugget Magna sitting on the end of it. The sub 12lb Bobcat has the titch mod (Airgun forum member made mod) sitting on it. Both do their job.

My FX Dreamline Compact Lite has the HW XLK (small) sitting on the end of it, now that is quiet. 

Edited by dbarnard2
  • Like 1
56 minutes ago, dbarnard2 said:

Can't remember wether I had it on my sub12 or the FAC rated Bobcat id I'm honest, as I say its been sat in the draw for gawd knows how long.

The FAC Bobcat now has the Hugget Magna sitting on the end of it. The sub 12lb Bobcat has the titch mod (Airgun forum member made mod) sitting on it. Both do their job.

My FX Dreamline Compact Lite has the HW XLK (small) sitting on the end of it, now that is quiet. 

I take it your Dreamline is sub12.

I know when I spoke to Hull Cartridge about the XLK mods, they said the small version is NOT fac rated and the large version worked well on my test but was it £110 better than the SAK that was sat in the cabinet costing me not a penny although I do confess the tackle tart in me says the XLK looks better than the SAK but then again so does the Belitta so it shows you cannot go by looks...................

Phil

39 minutes ago, philpot said:

I know when I spoke to Hull Cartridge about the XLK mods, they said the small version is NOT fac rated and the large version worked well on my test but was it £110 better than the SAK that was sat in the cabinet costing me not a penny although I do confess the tackle tart in me says the XLK looks better than the SAK but then again so does the Belitta so it shows you cannot go by looks...................

Phil

Well I was all set to buy one of the donny fl mods 

But after talking to Phil last night 

And what he told me about a lad on utube who stripped one 

And what he found inside of it or the lack of what he found in it 

Iv decided not to get one 

And the price of some of them up to 200+

Naaaa not me 

Mind if they were as good as they look I'd snap one up 

But looks like there all show and

No umph

Atvbjimmy ???

4 hours ago, philpot said:

Phil

Well my mates use the xlk on FAC with no problems . Perhaps HC meant on on .22lr or 17hmr 

38 minutes ago, villaman said:

Well my mates use the xlk on FAC with no problems . Perhaps HC meant on on .22lr or 17hmr 

I don't think so Mitch as I explained that it was for an FX  Airgun .22 fac and then he told me about the small version XLK mod not being suitable for fac.  One point that made me giggle to myself was the fact that he said that HC do not support the mods being used on FX guns and the fact that it may not work or be broken, I did ask if he was having a laugh.  I also asked if they did a .25 version of the XLK large size for my Impact and he asked why would Weihraugh make a .25 mod when they don't make a .25 gun....................................I had no answer that didn't involve telling him he was a twat.  We may have a conversation at the Northern Shooting Show ??

Phil

4 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Well I was all set to buy one of the donny fl mods 

But after talking to Phil last night 

And what he told me about a lad on utube who stripped one 

And what he found inside of it or the lack of what he found in it 

Iv decided not to get one 

And the price of some of them up to 200+

Naaaa not me 

Mind if they were as good as they look I'd snap one up 

But looks like there all show and

No umph

Atvbjimmy ???

Here we go Jimmy, you judge for yourself but I am sure it will appeal to the supreme tackle tart out there BUT if your school of thought is anything like mine, you will think the same as me and Mitch of course.

Phil

2 hours ago, philpot said:

Here we go Jimmy, you judge for yourself but I am sure it will appeal to the supreme tackle tart out there BUT if your school of thought is anything like mine, you will think the same as me and Mitch of course.

Phil

Errr most people fire the rifle so you can hear the sound of it when testing a new mod 

Both with out 

And with the mod fitted 

All this numpty dose is try and push the mod and the extender to you 

Or am I missing some thing here 

Mind I'm sure I can make it quiet 

But do I want to spend the best part of 200+ on a mod to strip it and fit some thing to make it quieter 

Think I'll stick with the twink 

Off Phil 

Tried and tested I just love them mods me 

Atvbjimmy ???

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Errr most people fire the rifle so you can hear the sound of it when testing a new mod 

Both with out 

And with the mod fitted 

All this numpty dose is try and push the mod and the extender to you 

Or am I missing some thing here 

Mind I'm sure I can make it quiet 

But do I want to spend the best part of 200+ on a mod to strip it and fit some thing to make it quieter 

Think I'll stick with the twink 

Off Phil 

Tried and tested I just love them mods me 

Atvbjimmy ???

Or if you want the best 

Just get an hw mod the old one 

End of 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, philpot said:

I don't think so Mitch as I explained that it was for an FX  Airgun .22 fac and then he told me about the small version XLK mod not being suitable for fac.  One point that made me giggle to myself was the fact that he said that HC do not support the mods being used on FX guns and the fact that it may not work or be broken, I did ask if he was having a laugh.  I also asked if they did a .25 version of the XLK large size for my Impact and he asked why would Weihraugh make a .25 mod when they don't make a .25 gun....................................I had no answer that didn't involve telling him he was a twat.  We may have a conversation at the Northern Shooting Show ??

Phil

Well like I said Phil , two people I know have them on FX guns both .22 FAC air and work perfectly 

10 minutes ago, villaman said:

Well like I said Phil , two people I know have them on FX guns both .22 FAC air and work perfectly 

I will see if the rfd can get HC to send one to test Mitch. I was not saying anything to contradict your friends view of the XLK small, just repeating what the guy said.  I did want to try the small Xlk but so far the rfd just hasn't bothered to get one in. Must give them a call tomorrow but I did pop in today and picked up the Wildcat Cub mod to try on my Wildcat but it's not quite as good as the SAK but nicely built however it will be going back as not much point in keeping yet another mod that won't be used.

Phil

• Like 1